X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andorian
    • Jun 2005

803Ds (One more step?) with classe2200/500/cdp100

Hi,
    I have 803Ds with classe 2200/500/cdp100 (see my last post).
    yes, I have a serious case of upgraditis...and I like it .

(One more last step?)
    My dealer discouraged me to think about 802Ds in my room which is pretty small even for combo above (6 by 4 metres).

would the speakers be cramped inside here?
    will there be speakers/Amp discrepancies?
    or is he maybe getting crazy of me, if i ask him to return the 803Ds, I only returned my brand new 704s, just 4 month ago ops:
    Andor.
  • xk8boy
    • Jul 2005

Andorian, I guess if your room is dedicated for the purpose then it would be fine. Most demo rooms i've been to is no larger.

Comment

• Andorian
      • Jun 2005

Well, thats part of the problem its LIVIng Room not auditorium,
      :evil: and there are more people wandering around...
      Andor.

Comment

• Andorian
        • Jun 2005

Hi All,
        Who has any more input for me on the issue above,

Anything else:
        The science of spikes and bass, and the influence on the highs and mids??
        It must have been discussed before, right.

I put my speakers on the distrubuted spikes, and I am not particularly happier, They seem to produce more tight bass, but the mids and highs are worse. why ... (I might remove them, again).
        One more important remark, at the moment my floor is far from optimal, ""plastic covered, and rented"".

Thanks in advance for your any thoughts on these two queries.
        Andor.

Comment

• xk8boy
          • Jul 2005

Apart from the size of your room, what other reasons did the dealer say to discourage from getting the 802Ds?

Dont blame me, but its your money afterall. if you "feel" its worth your cash, and you have cash to spend, why dont you go for.

Comment

• Andorian
            • Jun 2005

Well,

He is/and has been very easygoing to take stuff back wo any loss, it could be his own limit, in his patience, maybe.

As I mentioned in the other post, I returned alot of stuff which he could only sell as second hand afterwards. I took something more expensive naturaly, but i guess there is a limit ops: .
            The 803Ds are pretty big, so any discount would be substancial amount $$$
            Andor.

Comment

• xk8boy
              • Jul 2005

IMHO, business is business, unless he has said absolutely no then I cant see why shouldnt upgrade, anyway, the return policy on B&W speakers is offered by B&W so the i guess the dealers dont really loss out.

Comment

• jlee
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by xk8boy
                IMHO, business is business, unless he has said absolutely no then I cant see why shouldnt upgrade, anyway, the return policy on B&W speakers is offered by B&W so the i guess the dealers dont really loss out.
                B&W has a return policy??? Where did you find out about this? Please tell me more.

Comment

• xk8boy
                  • Jul 2005

jlee, if i've read msgs posted in this forum correctly, you can upgrade your b&w speakers for another b&w pair and they(the dealers) should give you full credit back. the condition is that you're speaker is under one year old.

I currently have the ASW825 sub, and I am waiting for B&W to release the one with DSP/Rooom correction, which I will be exchange for.

Comment

• jlee
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by xk8boy
                    jlee, if i've read msgs posted in this forum correctly, you can upgrade your b&w speakers for another b&w pair and they(the dealers) should give you full credit back. the condition is that you're speaker is under one year old.

I currently have the ASW825 sub, and I am waiting for B&W to release the one with DSP/Rooom correction, which I will be exchange for.
                    Hi. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I misunderstood... but...

My dealer offers a 1 year TRADE IN PROGRAM where if you buy the next model up you will get full value for the pair you're exchanging (this is offered on other items as well such as amps and CD players, not just B&W speakers)... however, I thought this was a DEALER BY DEALER dependent program... and not offered by B&W themselves.

Comment

• Andorian
                      • Jun 2005

I think that is a good thing, and often rewarding policy in the high end segment, , i am very happy with it, we learn, adjust our tast and refine our wishes, and eventually come back to the shop where we first bought it,
                      Andor.

Originally posted by jlee
                      Hi. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I misunderstood... but...

My dealer offers a 1 year TRADE IN PROGRAM where if you buy the next model up you will get full value for the pair you're exchanging (this is offered on other items as well such as amps and CD players, not just B&W speakers)... however, I thought this was a DEALER BY DEALER dependent program... and not offered by B&W themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"