X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

finally got me 805S----awesome

I finally picked up my new 805S today. And they sound great!!!! I was a little worried that maybe I should have bought the 804S but definitely no regrets here. The bass is actually quite good.

Here is my setup:
    805S
    Rotel RB 1080
    Nordost Blue Heaven biwires
    Nordost Red Dawn IC
    Sonos digital music system

Next up is the Rotel Cd, DVD, and prepro.

Off to enjoy my speakers!
  • Pieter
    • Jan 2005

Tommy, glad you like them. Bought the Matrix 805s in the early 90s, currently own the Nautilus 805s and will be purchasing an 805S pair in a couple of months from now.

Each incarnation of the 805 has been an improvement, bringing me closer to the music with every upgrade.

Enjoy your aquisitions.

Comment

• Parsonsk
      • Nov 2004

Price wise did you check out the 703's at all, they are more or less the same price as the 805's but in my mind i would rather have a floor standing model. Why did you choose the 805's over all floor standing model, size, sound, looks? (If i had the money i'd be going for the 804's)
      I'm planning on picking up the 703's in september but the idea of getting into the Nautilus series is very appealing but i don't want a bookshelf speaker........
      I plan on running them with the rotel rb-1080, how do you like that amp?

Comment

• Recruit
        • Jan 2005

I have the 805S's and they are definitly the best Hi Fi Speaker i have had and if you are running in a small to medium size room they are more than adequate in the bass department, i am now running them with Cyrus Kit and the sound is just toe tappingly good

Comment

• tboooe
          • Jun 2005

Parsonsk:

I really wanted to get the 804S or 803S but current budget dictated the 805S. I tried out the 703 but for my taste I thought they were a bit too....aggressive. I am not sure if that is best way to describe it but to me the 8 series sounded a bit more subdued and warm.

In the near future I will probably change the 805S to my bedroom speakers and get the 803S.

baby steps man, baby steps...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"