X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • javis
    • Jun 2004

703 V's 804

I am contemplating purchasing a new set of speakers. It is between the 703's and 804's. There is almost a $700 difference between the two. If anyone has had both or is intimately familiar with both what would be your constructive evaluation of the two.
    The 803’s are over $2000 more than the 804’s so I would expect a major increase in performance, but that will have to wait.
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Javis
    This topic was discussed recently.

I've had them both and the 804S is superior IMHO

Comment

• javis
      • Jun 2004

misterdoggy.
      Thank you for the thread. Very informative.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I too was contemplating the 703 until my dealer offerd me a pair of N804 at $200 more / pair since the diamond models jsur came out. I have been very happy with the N804.

Comment

• javis
          • Jun 2004

Are the 804's better suited to any particular type of music?
          I hardly ever listen to classical music. My taste ranges from Jazz Fushion to say Joe Satriani, so authority is a must.
          Also do you use a subwoofer.

Comment

• Claude D D
            • Jan 2003

GO LISTEN ! Take some music to the store,sit yourself down,listen to both and get the ones you like best.Simple problem solved. :T Glad I could be of service. :W

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
              • Jan 2005

I hated the 700 series and love the 800 series more than I could ever put into words. Just my opinion, good luck.

Comment

• chinets
                • Jun 2005

Greetings, I had the 703F/704R with HTM1 center and ASW 750 Sub and now upgraded to N803F/N804R with HTM1 center and ASW 850 Sub. To me in my opinion, with Rock and HT the 703 sounded more aggresive and with HT very precise sounding because they sound as if they are coming out of a box so you know where the sound is exactly,and if it comes from the left then it is a precise left. However, with N804 etc... the sound is not coming from a box and therefore it sounds as if it is in the air and over smooth so it is like you are in the best Movie theatre ,but without the exact precise left /right harsh feeling when the sound hits the speakers. With rock it sounds a little on the smooth side and less bad ass because you can here the exact vocals and that makes Rock a little smooth for my taste but for Jazz, vocal songs WOW!!!!! I loved both the 703 and N804 but as I said 703 bad ass with the right Amp. of course. The 804 smooth but perfect harmony and best highs and mids ever, and of course a tighter better bass also and again with the right Amp. Good Luck!! I hope this will help you ,as this was my personal experience with both.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"