X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPACEMANRICK
    • May 2005

speaker placement for my B&W 804S's

I just received yesterday my new 2 channel system with my B&W 804S speakers. I think I may have under estimated the amount of speaker wire I should have ordered. The speakers are about 6 feet apart from each other and 10 feet from where I sit and about 16 inches from the back wall. My sitting position is pretty well fixed and set but are the speakers the proper distance apart from each other? As recommended by others on here I have also pointed my tweeters just outside of where I am sitting.

Thanks for any input you can provide!
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

Well I could suggest the classic iso-triangle: 10 feet between the speakers and 10 feet between you and each speaker (measured from the tweeter positions). If you got 16" clear *behind* the speaker, that should be fine. Also try changing the tilt-in: compare facing strait forward (bad center image) with facing directly at you (bad stereo imaging) and tweek in between to your preference. I suggest using vocals to test for the center image.

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
      • May 2005

Thanks Jim777, I may have to break down and buy some additional new speaker wire and try your suggestion out.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"