X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pony927
    • Apr 2006

need multichannel amp for my 805s

i need an amp tp drive my 805s fronts with 705s on surround and htm4 as center. currently using a linn unidsc sc with velondyne 1000 sub...any suggestions as far as the best amp? bryston 9bsst im hearing is one of the best for the px range as well as mcintosh 206/207...other possiblities on the lower end are the arcam p1000 and rotel 1095...is there that big of a difference in sound quality b/w the bryston and rotel??? help!
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I have not compared the other amps you mention, but I am currently using the Rotel RMB-1075 with my 805S/HTM4S setup, with excellent results. I'm not sure you're going to gain that much more by going with the 1095 (for the price).
    Brad

Comment

• weijst
      • Jun 2004

I'm powering my 805S with a RMB-1075 too, No complaints whatsoever!
      Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

You should look at the Classe CA2100 as well, a little more in price but the gains are worth it.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• rpalancares
          • Mar 2006

I have 4 N805's as mains and surrounds and and HTM2 center channel with a B&W ASW800 subwoofer. I recently bought the Bryston 9B SST and I am very happy with it. It sounds great with my speakers and , as I'm not very used to test equipment, with the Bryston I can tell that I simply forget about it and enjoy the music more. It handles the 805's without effort. The only thing that makes me notice it is that I have a 4x4 room without good ventilation, and the amp gets really hot and warms up the room. Higly recommended

Comment

• alpina
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by pony927
            i need an amp tp drive my 805s fronts with 705s on surround and htm4 as center. currently using a linn unidsc sc with velondyne 1000 sub...any suggestions as far as the best amp? bryston 9bsst im hearing is one of the best for the px range as well as mcintosh 206/207...other possiblities on the lower end are the arcam p1000 and rotel 1095...is there that big of a difference in sound quality b/w the bryston and rotel??? help!
            hi pony,

it really comes down to budget and whether the difference is worth it. i heard the byrston 9b vs 1075 vs 1095 on 805s, 705s and 703s extensively and i was most surprised that i was able to hear a difference (new to this game and really thought they would all sound the same)

both rotel and bryston are great amps catering for IMHO two slightly different markets. i doubt you will be disappointed with either of them.

dont be mislead by the lower power rating of the 9b vs 1095 - it kicks and will push 805s comfortably.

good luck

julie
            My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI pony,
              Your 805S's are good enough to justify great amplification. Spend more, not less. Try very hard to get past Rotel. Good for the money but not good enough to really show off the 805S's. I use the Krell KAV series for my 805S/HTM4S fronts. Outstanding. Would I admit less? :W

Sparky

Comment

• Mark_C.
                • Jan 2003

I did a fair amount of comparisons when I was looking for a multi-channel amp several years ago. I couldn't tell a difference between amps, other than the volume ceiling seemed to vary. I chose a Rotel RMB-1075 for my Nautilus 805s and haven't thought about it since. A great combination.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"