X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

HTM2D impressions

I haven't really seen many comments on the new HTM2D. Those of you that have bought --- does the diamond tweeter help with movies and multi-channel listening? Is it as significant of an upgrade between Nautilus and 800 series. Really interested to hear what you are "hearing". Some comparisons to your old Nautilus HTM1 would be great.
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Yep ditto - this is next on my list but have not seen any views / reviews on this unit yet ... anywhere!

Rgds Steve

Comment

• EAmin
      • Aug 2004

How about HTM3S vs HTM2D?

Any more feedback on the HTM2D? Wondering if there are any comparisons between the HTM2D and HTM3S?

I'm approaching my one year owning my 700 series, and am seriously getting the itch to do an upgrade to 800s. I LOVE the 703, but as I've said in several postings, the weakest link,my HTM7, doesn't seem to be cutting it for me. Also, I would like more bass for 2-channel which is sounds like the 800s deliver --- even the 804S.

I prefer the 803D/HTM2D combination, but am concerned about getting into yet another mismatch center situation. I've never heard the HTM2D. But with 3 7" drivers on each side, I find it difficult to imagine the HTM2D (with 2 6.5") matching well. I'm thinking the 803D would drown out some of the sound from the center because it is such a large speaker. Stricly unscientific, of course. My only concern is movie watching as I'm not into multi-channel music. With this said, it seems to me that an 803S/HTM3S would be a more balanced front stage, which is the reason why I'm seriously considering this combo as well --- not to mention price.

So what are your impressions of the S and the D center channels? I will do an in home demo of both combinations, but I would like to hear what you guys think as well.
      Last edited by EAmin; 19 July 2005, 04:02 Tuesday.

Comment

• misterdoggy
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Htm3s

Well, I have the HTM3S which has replaced the HTM7. The HTM7 was not one of B&W's great speakers. When I plugged in the htm3s for the first time, what a revelation. ;x( You can't really compare the 2 as one is 2 way speaker in a small closed cabinet and the other a 3 way closed cabinet speaker. You turn on the htm3s and its like another 803s or 804s in the house. Set the receiver to "LARGE" because it IS a large speaker. The sounds that come out of it sing. The bass, mid range are as full as you will see in a center speaker (shelf) without going to an upright speaker. The Aluminum dome tweeter gives detail and clarity that are amazing !! The phone rings in the movie and your instinct is to get up and answer the phone. You hear every pin drop, feet walking on the ground, creak creak. What a speaker. :5:

Now I've got a pair of new 802d's on order which should come next week (its been a month since I ordered and paid for them) and I am seriously considering selling my htm3s (anybody in europe interested -25%) and stepping up to the plate for an htm2d. The reason. I spoke with the experts at b&w and they felt the "diamond tweeter" would match and blend in to the 802d's diamond tweeter timbre perfectly. Also the htm2d is slighlty larger, diamond tweeter and lastly lets not forget the htm2d is a vented speaker unlike the closed box of the htm3s. The recommendation from b&w is the htm3s with the 803s and 804s and the htm2d for 803d and 802d when space or money does not permit the htm1d which is a monster. The htm2d also can match the 800d and 801d if space doe not permit the htm1d.

Comment

• johan
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by EAmin
          I find it difficult to imagine the HTM2D (with 2 6.5") matching well.
          Just a small correction, HTM2D has 2 x 7" bass drivers. So if any speaker match its this one.

Comment

• EAmin
            • Aug 2004

Johan, you are absolutely right! I thought they were same cabinet, same speakers. I thought the tweeters were the only difference. I stand corrected. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"