Sub for my Matrix 804s - Please help !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rybka740il
    • May 2005

Sub for my Matrix 804s - Please help !!!

Hello!
    Great site for all B&W lovers.
    I need your help.For sometime I can't decide what to do about sub for my setup.
    I have Matrix 804, Matrix HTML, LM1 and Yamaha RX-V2500.And of course no sub.Now, I have to choices for sub : Matrix 800ASW matching my front and center or Velodyne SPLII 1000.Both available.Please give me your 2 pennies.
    Thanks
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Personally I would stay with the B&W. I too am contemplating a sub for my N804. Have looked at a number of different subs - ML, SVS, Velodyne, HSU and I keep coming back to the B&W becuase they look so good in matching Cherry veneers. I know, not a good reason for sub purchase but the 800 series subs do sound good.

Comment

• herotongtong
      • Apr 2005

those are really old speakers . why don't you upgrade to the new 800 series.

Comment

• Rybka740il
        • May 2005

Why should I upgrade if these are excellent and they sound so good ?

Comment

• georgev
          • Jul 2004

Quite right. You don't have to upgrade if you are quite happy with the sound you hear.
          What do they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
          Don't fall into the trap of upgrading just for the sake of it.
          On to the sub, I would stay with the B&W, simply to match the other speakers. The Velodyne is good, very good, and so is the B&W. Best of all, get your dealer to let you audition both for a couple of days in your set up and make your call.
          Enjoy.

Comment

• Rybka740il
            • May 2005

Thanks.I was thinking of B&W to match my front.The only reason for Velodyne was powerful amp, but on the other hand I don't know if I really need that power.B&W is only 200W and my room is not so big ( 18'x16' ),then I guess it will shake my walls strong enough.Oh well...
            Thanks again so I'm going for sonic match.

Comment

• JCL
              • Apr 2005

You could try a SVS sub, they sound great and are ot verry expancive if you compare them to there B&W or REL rivals. REL is also a brand to look into if you ask me but.. .just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"