• Feb 2005

Some help translating N802 specs

Here are some specs on my N802

- Freq. Response
    39Hz - 20kHz ± 2dB on reference axis
    - Freq. Range
    -6dB at 27Hz and 30kHz
    -3dB at 34Hz and 22kHz

1) What's the difference between Freq. Response and Freq. Range?
    2) In Freq. Response what's "on refence axis?"
    3) Why does Freq. Range have 2 sets of values?
    4) Finally how low will this speaker go while still sounding good? I'm trying to figure where to set my crossover.
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

Frequency range is just telling you the drop off at the extremes...e.g., to get a -6dB drop in loudness your at 27Hz & 30 Hz.

Between 39-20kHz the speakers are within ±2dB...which is AWESOME! Hence the price tag. But note this is only if your sitting on the refercence axis. Outside this axis I'm assuming it increases.

Based on numbers alone...40-50Hz would be a good crossover point. But there are much more variables to consider, especially room accoustics.

I wish B&W would just release the actual frequency response curve in addition to their -6dB & -3dB values.

Does someone have these? I'm wondering if they're not included with the speakers when purchased. I bought mine dealer demo and do not think I recieved them.

Comment

• turbokuo
      • Feb 2005

junior77blue,

What's a "refence axis?"

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

Inline with the speaker or within a certain 'arc'. I believe its like 15 or 30 degrees radiating from the speaker in the horizontal and vertical planes. It should say in the specs.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"