X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

Center channel Advice

Hi guys i need a few opinions. I have a pair of B&W 801 Matrix SIII loudspeakers. Im using the LCR6 S2 as a center channel, but would like something to match the mains. Im considering the HTM1 but is it sonically too different from the old matrix series im using? Otherwise any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • windshear
    • Dec 2004

Wow ..... whats happened to the experts ? Anyone ??

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Htm1

windshear,

I have an HTM1 along with N804'2 up front. The HTM1 is an outstanding center channel. I had the predecessor to the LCR6, then I had a CDM SE center channel. The HTM1 is in another league, especially in terms of bass capability. The LCR6 is already sonically different, so why noy make a serious upgrade to a very important piece of the HT puzzle. Also, I think an HTM1 would match better sonically to the 801 Matrix' you have. These were the forerunners to todays Nautilus lines and have the matrix bracing in them.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

• caleb
        • Aug 2004

Windshear, I also have the HTM1 with me 802's at present and it is a solid combination.

There should be some HTM1s coming onto the second hand market now the new series is being rolled out - it could be a good buy for you.

Comment

• windshear
          • Dec 2004

Im hoping there will be a few available out there now the new Diamond series is out. Well looks like we think alike .... now just for some luck at the right price.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"