This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

RRP is £5500 for 803D but you should get 5-10% off this. Although RRP includes 17.5% VAT....

It may be importers as I believe they scrapped duty on electronic imports in SA.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• georgev
      • Jul 2004

It is definitely the importers.
      Think about it. RRP in the UK 5.5K about R60K. This is not what the importer pays, he pays less. Then here it isR72K. I believe in a free market and capitalism but to this extent?
      But that is how the audio market is out here. We still need to listen to music on good systems so we buy(regardless of cost).
      Did you ever try the new Rowlands(the 501), Caleb with your 802's? cf the 7BSST
      Cheers,
      George.

Comment

• caleb
        • Aug 2004

Yes I tried the Rowlands, but the "digital" sound did not suit me - that's why I went for the Brystons - plus the 20 year guarantee.

BTW - yes I must add that we get ripped off quite a lot here in S.A. by either the importers or greedy retailers..

You could almost justify going to England and buying the kit there and bringing it back - would be cheaper - trouble is the importer then wouldn't honour any guarantees.
        Last edited by caleb; 14 April 2005, 11:20 Thursday. Reason: added info

Comment

• T_Rex
          • Apr 2005

new 800 series pricing

following on from your pricing discussion. Where did you get your prices from?

According to my local dealer, the 803D's sell for R66,990 and the 802D's for R97,990. (you'll also get between 5 and 10% off).

So in my opinion, R60,000 compared to UK£5,500 for the 803D's and R88,000 compared to £8,000 is pretty fair. (exchange rate today is £1 = R11.66)

We don't live in the dark ages anymore, with pricing info available everywhere. The days where importers continue to screw us are long gone...

Later,

Matt
          Matt

Comment

• georgev
            • Jul 2004

T-Rex,
            R97,990 translates to roughly $16,000.00 for the 802D's, which RETAILS for $12,000.00 stateside so yes we can and are IMHO being taken for quite a bit in RSA.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"