X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordster
    • Feb 2005

New equipment launched by B&W and Rotel

Apologies if this is old news but found this on another forum:

"The B&W Group is introducing new speakers and AV kit at the upcoming High End Show in Munich, which runs from May 25 -28.
    Expected to make their debut are B&W’s new XT Series in gloss black. The PV-1 circular subwoofer is also available in a matching finish. The brand’s popular CM-1 stand-mount speakers will be joined by the new CM-7 floorstander, which sports a derivative of the FST midrange drive unit featured in B&W’s flagship 800 Series, and CMC centre channel.
    New from the sibling Rotel brand is the 10 Series AV line comprising the RDV-1092 1080p DVD player, and matching RSX-1057 AV receiver. "

I've not posted it in the Rotel forum as I didn't want to duplicate and most people know about the 1092 and 1057 anyway. The CMC is interesting for me. Funny how my dealer said one was being launched but B&W said not a few months ago!
    Dave
  • GregLett
    • May 2005

XT series in Black???
    Greg

Comment

• Audiophiliac
      • Apr 2006

XT looks slick. I think black would look even slicker. I think a full XT theater with PV1 all in black with 1057/1077/1092 combo would be a nice little setup. Very classy looking and compact.

Comment

• Nolan B
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Audiophiliac
        XT looks slick. I think black would look even slicker. I think a full XT theater with PV1 all in black with 1057/1077/1092 combo would be a nice little setup. Very classy looking and compact.

I agree. I have a Black B&W FPM setup with black PV1 and rotel gear in a B&O rack and it looks very cool. I would probably consider switching the FPMs for the XTs if it comes in black. I would even consider getting a second PV1 in black

Comment

• GregLett
          • May 2005

Originally posted by Vancouver
          I agree. I have a Black B&W FPM setup with black PV1 and rotel gear in a B&O rack and it looks very cool. I would probably consider switching the FPMs for the XTs if it comes in black. I would even consider getting a second PV1 in black

I've nevered heard the FPM series, but the XT's are awesome! I don't miss
          a sub when watching movies. I would love to see the XT's in black.
          Greg

Comment

• Kirium
            • Sep 2005

CM series all round would be very nice...

Comment

• Junior
              • May 2006

Originally posted by GregLett
              XT series in Black???
              I want the XT series in black.
              Attached Files

Comment

• GregLett
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Junior
                I want the XT series in black.
                OHHH YEAAAA those look hot!!!! :drool:

Who want's to buy a pair of silver XT4's
                Last edited by GregLett; 23 May 2006, 21:03 Tuesday.
                Greg

Comment

• Audiophiliac
                  • Apr 2006

I hope they do black stands too. ops:

Comment

• Kirium
                    • Sep 2005

Got any pics of the new CM range??

Nevermind, I found one of the CM7

Comment

• fordster
                      • Feb 2005

The CM7 looks fantastic, I already have the CM1s and think they look great but the CM7 looks even better. Anybody know the measurements for these? I'm tight for space but wonder if I could squeeze them into where I currently have my CM1s on stands. The height is important though as my left CM1 slightly crosses the side of my LCD screen surround. Anything higher would obscure the picture. I could then move my CM1s to the surrounds and get a CMC.
                      Dave

Comment

• Kirium
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by fordster
                        The CM7 looks fantastic, I already have the CM1s and think they look great but the CM7 looks even better. Anybody know the measurements for these? I'm tight for space but wonder if I could squeeze them into where I currently have my CM1s on stands. The height is important though as my left CM1 slightly crosses the side of my LCD screen surround. Anything higher would obscure the picture. I could then move my CM1s to the surrounds and get a CMC.
                        This may or may not be in english... :lol:

Company B&.W presented the new 3- strip acoustic system of CM7, which supplemented already existing model number CM as the basis of series CM they were placed the same technologies and the innovative constructions, which we for the first time saw in the rules THE ACE of studio quality, such as B&.W 800 series.

It is characteristic that in the columns of series CM for the division in the high frequencies are established minimalistic - maximally simple crossovers, whose electrical circuit - this influential proof grow prettier the balance of the mechanical design of dynamic loudspeakers and columns.

CM7 is equipped with perfect tviterami B&.W Nautilus, loaded to the tapered pipes, BY MF dynamic loudspeaker with the firm yellow woven Kevlar diffuser and the bass dynamic loudspeaker with the paper- Kevlar diffuser.

The firm port Flowport for the phase inverter is characterized by the lowest level of turbulent it is noise, and the interlaced Kevlar fibers in the emitters absorb the concentric standing waves, which cause the undesirable painting of sound.

Although CM7 has accurately such sizes as CM4, for the change by which it goes, its sounding is considerably improved - this completely 3- strip ACE with the extended bass response, grow prettier by sensitivity and light (according to the characteristic of impedance) for the amplifiers.

Finishing housing - lead of the natural tree: To venge, pink nut, maple.

Technical characteristics:

* domelike aluminum tviter Nautilusв„ў with the load pipe, firm Kevlar woven diffuser Mf- dynamics, paper- Kevlar woofer, the port of phase inverter Flowport
                        * Frequency band - 45 Hz - 50 kHz (-6 dB)
                        * Sensitivity - 84 dB spl (2.83, 1 m)
                        * Nominal impedance - 8ya8'; (minimum of shch.yya8'
                        * Frequency of the division of crossover - 4 kHz
                        * Recommended power of amplifier - 30 W - 100 W to 8ya8';
                        * Sizes - 280 X of 165 X of 276 mm, the weight of 6.7 kg

Comment

• Adeeb
                          • Oct 2004

Something is goofy there. Is the info supposed to be for the new CM7? The dimensions seem very off. Also, the frequency response is disappointing in the low end considering the performance of the CM1 and that the quoted values are for +/- 6dB.

Comment

• Clepto
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Kirium
                            This may or may not be in english... :lol:
                            Finishing housing - lead of the natural tree: To venge, pink nut, maple.
                            Lead of the natural tree! Revenge of the pink nut!

Comment

• Adeeb
                              • Oct 2004

Has anyone managed to find any more info on the new CMs?

Comment

• Lestat
                                • Nov 2005

Yeah, the specs for the CM7 are off. The XT's go to 34dB/-6dB, so I'd imagine the CM7's matching that.
                                Also, the weight is way, way off - 7kg's? The XT's are 22kg or so a piece, so that's definitely wrong. Unless the CM7 is built of balsa wood. Don't think so, they look really nice.

I saw the black XT's on a pic a while ago. I still prefer the silver, I must say. Black speakers don't really do it for me. The wallnut finish of the CM7 is much nicer.

L.

Comment

• Kirium
                                  • Sep 2005

The specs I found on a north eastern european hifi forum with the pic.... No surprise they're a bit off...

Comment

• Adeeb
                                    • Oct 2004

B&W has posted a press release and photo... B&W

Looks good, and the CM7 is a 3 way! Can't wait to see the specs and read a review. BTW, I heard they would start shipping end of November.

Comment

• Kirium
                                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Adeeb
                                      B&W has posted a press release and photo... B&W

Looks good, and the CM7 is a 3 way! Can't wait to see the specs and read a review. BTW, I heard they would start shipping end of November.
                                      They look awesome...

Comment

• Adeeb
                                        • Oct 2004

They look awesome...

Indeed they do! But unfortunately it seems that they won't be offering a dipole surround in the CM series based on the info I have been able to attain. At least not for the forseeable future. And for my narrow room the dipoles are a must.

They sure are pretty though.

Comment

• fordster
                                          • Feb 2005

Due for release in November? Best start writing my letter to Santa then!
                                          Dave

Comment

• EAmin
                                            • Aug 2004

They look awesome...

Happy for all you CM owners, but extremely pissed as a 700 series owner. I don't know why we cannot get a matching 3-way center for the 703. Don't know why B&W won't pursue this.

Comment

• jim777
                                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EAmin
                                              Happy for all you CM owners, but extremely pissed as a 700 series owner. I don't know why we cannot get a matching 3-way center for the 703. Don't know why B&W won't pursue this.
                                              Because the CM center is a great match for the FST floorstander??

Comment

• EAmin
                                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jim777
                                                Because the CM center is a great match for the FST floorstander??
                                                I don't want the CM or the 800 stand-in, I just want the 700 series center. Come on B&W, WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"