X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pvs
    • Mar 2005

7.1 advice on rears with B&W 600 Series 3

Hi, I'm thinking about going with the 600 Series 3 for my 7.1 HT. I'm not sure what to get for the rears.

Front L & R: DM604 S3

Center: LCR600 S3

Side L & R: DS6 S3

Rear L & R: ?

Should I go with dipoles (DS6 S3), bookshelf (DM600 S3) or ceiling (CCM65).

For aesthetic reasons, I'd like to go with the DS6 S3. (match the sides) But is this the best audio choice?

Thanks.
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

depends on your room pvs....IMO, the DS6s are not worth the $600 a pair price that they ask for. They're no where near the performance of the 602s as they're the same price. It seems like you care about the aesthetics of the speakers alot and you prefer to have smaller surrounds. Have you considered getting 602s w/ the 7 in. drivers to match up with your 604s mains? The 602s are big for bookshelf speakers, so 601s and 600s might be more WAF friendly. I'd pick the 601s, since it's what I use as surrounds and I think DS6 are too expensive for what it is.
    If they're going to be mounted against a wall, the 601s and 602s might give you better imaging since they're front ported. The 600s are rear-ported, but they're meant to be wall mounted. Kinda weird to have a rear-ported speaker designed to be wall mounted.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"