X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRT-10 Viper
    • Mar 2005

B&W HTM2D how to mount on a Sony RPTV?

I have a sony Qualia 70 inch RPTV and would like to mount a HT2MD on top of the TV (TV stand only has 20 inch width shelves). The HT2MD is 33.1 inches wide and weighs 68lbs. The TV does not have a wide top platform... It slopes back. I noticed Jeff has one installed on a Sony RPTV:

I've sent him a PM and haven't heard back yet. Most top shelves only allow for 15 pounds. Any recomendations????

Thanks!
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

Today,I purchased a top mount for my 51" Sony widescreen. Yes, the box said up to 15 lbs. It's made by Sanus Systems. It's model TVSb. This is 3/4 inch partical board with 2 screw adjustments in the back. In my application
    much of my front speaker sits on the front lip of the tv. The lip on my Sony is only 3.5 inches. Considering the position of my speaker, much of the
    weight will be on the front lip so weight is not as much of an issue for the stand as it is for the tv itself. Sanus must feel the rear screws are the limiting factor. It's certainly not the 3/4 inch partical board. That's pretty heavy stuff.

I'm able to rest the rear screws mounts on a 15 degree slope which is not
    to bad. The greater the slope the less it'll hold on the back side. I purchased mine at a Sony dealer. It's only $35.00 USD.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• jstrossner
      • Oct 2004

Viper,

Here's a picture of the shelf I described in the PM.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
        • Mar 2005

Thanks!

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply... The setup looks as you designed it (Center floating above the TV)

Comment

• Jeff
          • Dec 2004

Whet to the dealer today for a possible purchase of an HTM1. After fiddlin with the self there's no way I would trust it with a heavier
          center speaker. The dealer didn't like the idea of a heavy speaker sitting on top of a tv over a prolonged period of time regardless of the how much a mfr's platform was rated for.

He recommended I mfr my own platform which would reach all the way to the sides of the tv and extend back far enough so I could put legs on it all the way to the floor. They felt over time any tv would eventually start to droop from the weight of our MEGA center channels.

Hmmm, more thinking to do before, if and when the purchase is made. :roll:

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
            • Mar 2005

Jeff; I continue to search for potential solutions... Jstrossner has one option that could be used above... I also recieved a recomendation with the following: http://www.bracketsandstands.com/brackets12.htm Extends out 26 1/4" and holds up to 88 ponuds.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"