X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel_Rav
    • Feb 2005

Hi-Fi Choice 805S Review

For info - Hi-Fi Choice have just reviewed the 805S. Another positive review of the 800 Series - overall score is 91%.

"Pro - B&W's latest 805S goes several steps beyond its predecessor. This delightful little speaker makes you want to tap your feet and sing along.

Con - A bit more grunt and scale would be an advantage, as the sound lacks a little warmth and richness.

Conclusion - Numerous changes under the skin and substantially improved this upmarker stand-mount. The result is a communicative and entertaining speaker, with great subtlety and delicacy, despite some loss of bass weight, authority and tonal richness."
    (Paul Messenger)

Next month's issue will contain a review of the 802D (out 7 April).
  • Recruit
    • Jan 2005

Good to hear i will try and get this copy :T

I am over the moon with my new 805S's they look and sound superb and the HTM4S compliments them perfectly..

Cheers
    John

Comment

• Rags
      • Aug 2003

Yup - I just read the review. They rate them above the Signature 805's.

HiFi news has an in depth review of the 800D - they loved it and said it was a steal at £13k !!.

Both magazines are well regarded in the UK. They usually know what they are talking about.

Comment

• Recruit
        • Jan 2005

After listening to the 805S's for over a day now and they are still running in i prefer them to my ProAc Response D15's and i thought they sounded good but the B&W's definitly sound better and the top end is alot smoother..

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"