X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huma
    • Aug 2003

Pictures of installing original Nautilus speakers

Hi All,
    I was browsing another AV site and it shows the whole process of installing the original Nautilus speakers. I may just share this with you guys...

• DeepEndX
    • Feb 2005

Reply to setup on Model Nautilus

Amazing, absolutely amazing...

Comment

• junior77blue
      • Nov 2004

I wish I was a millionaire...

Comment

• Jeff
        • Dec 2004

That's Something You Don't See Every Day. Very Cool Indeed! :t

Comment

• alkalay
          • Jun 2004

Huma & everyone,

Indeed very hard to watch...

Huma please don't link any more of that (oh do keep'em coming).

Wow, thanks for sharing, it is indeed amazing.

Itai.

Comment

• Mark_C.
            • Jan 2003

Is this Igor's new basement system?

Comment

• caleb
              • Aug 2004

Not his basement system - probably a spare one for the kids to play on!!

Comment

• PewterTA
                • Nov 2004

Ah, seen it so many times... I think I have like 8 sets of those now... *yawn*

LMAO.

That's awesome to see that, must be nice to be a shop owner and sell enough that they can have those set up to demo...

I'd just be BEYOND happy with the N802s (maybe N802D now)... So I can't imagine what those must be like. I'd be afraid of putting finger prints on them... lol.

Definitely sweet to see those type of pictures. I love it when people document stuff like that!
                Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                -Dan

Comment

• js24
                  • Feb 2005

absolutely gorgeous
                  It just occurred to me:
                  The original nautilus was developed about 10?years ago and it is still the best sounding B&W (or in the world...?) ... yet they never incorporated any of their trademark technologies- matrix, kevelar, port, FST- to build this speaker
                  nor did they bother to truly incorporate the nautilus layout to the rest of the line (As far as I understand, the nautilus metal tweeter and the marlan head shape are two items descended, yet the midrange and woofer material are different)

It is just a bit strange to me that the Nautilus, the best and flagship, is completely different from the rest of their speakers. (in contrast, i.e. JMlab grande utopia uses same logic and materials used in other high-end lines)

The design might look repulsive to some, but I wouldn't mind owning 10K baby snail...

Any thoughts on this?

p.s. anyone know whehther they are gonna put the D tweeter on this guy?

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                    • May 2004

it does look like Igor's room from the "Pictures of your B&W" thread. I didn't know you actually have to assemble speakers that's in the 5-figure range. I guess that's why the people at the stores do it for you...LOL

Comment

• PewterTA
                      • Nov 2004

Hey, anyone that doesn't want to assemble them, send them my way, I'll happily do that for anyone!!!! ha ha.

I'd love to just be in the same room as them!
                      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                      -Dan

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

:drool:

Comment

• Blindamood
                          • Sep 2003

So, how long do they recommend breaking in those bad boys before critical listening???
                          Brad

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Mar 2005

Amazing.
                            B&W

Comment

• juha
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by js24
                              absolutely gorgeous
                              It just occurred to me:
                              The original nautilus was developed about 10?years ago and it is still the best sounding B&W (or in the world...?) ... yet they never incorporated any of their trademark technologies- matrix, kevelar, port, FST- to build this speaker
                              nor did they bother to truly incorporate the nautilus layout to the rest of the line (As far as I understand, the nautilus metal tweeter and the marlan head shape are two items descended, yet the midrange and woofer material are different)

It is just a bit strange to me that the Nautilus, the best and flagship, is completely different from the rest of their speakers. (in contrast, i.e. JMlab grande utopia uses same logic and materials used in other high-end lines)

The design might look repulsive to some, but I wouldn't mind owning 10K baby snail...

Any thoughts on this?

p.s. anyone know whehther they are gonna put the D tweeter on this guy?

The older Nautilus, cant compete the newer design 800, and now with the new D upgrade it should leave the "shell" even further. At least if you believe B&W information. I have been curious and get some information about any kind of upgrade on the "Shell" but its hard to get. Strange anyhow as expensive the speaker is it should be B&W strongest card. 8O

Comment

• sikoniko
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Aug 2003

I was wondering if they are going to use next years anniversary year as the time to upgrade it...
                                I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Levandier
                                  • Feb 2005

Came across this review on HiFi Choice of Vivid Audio's B1 speakers:

They were designed by the designer of the original Nautilus and it sounds like they have more in common with the original Nautilus than the Nautilus 800 series. Interesting.....

Comment

• Jason R
                                    • Jul 2004

The vivid's are made here in SA and i bought my 804's off someone who replaced them with the vivids,so yes they are a new generation of the origonal nautilus, lovely speaker well priced. From what i understand the owner of B&W is also involved somehow. As he now resides in SA. They are superb pieces of kit and at $ 12000 dollars great value.

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"