X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Question On Original Aspect Ratio

I bought the Marilyn Monroe 75th Anniversary box set and with the exception of the Documentary on MM, I expected the rest of the titles to be in widescreen.All are with the exception of How To Marry A Millionaire. The back cover listes Full Frame 1:33 under features, and down below it indicates WIDESCREEN is a letterbox of the original thteatrical aspect ratio. I popped the disc in the player and sure enough, the framing is 1:33:1 not widescreen. This this movie was released in 1953, there is a good chance that this was not shot in widescreen ( Fox used Cinemascope). Does anyone out there know the true original aspect ratio of How To Marry A Millionaire ?
    BTW, watched There's No Business Like Show Business last night. It was released in 1954 and was filmed in Cinemascope. The transfer is absolutely gorgeous, and Marilyn's beauty made me drool. She sure looks good for 75.

I'm having a heat wave ....

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

George, I know I have seen this phenominon before, I just cannot place exactly what it was. Interested to find out if anyone knows.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Markj
      • Aug 2000

Well according to IMDB it’s originally a 2.55:1 aspect ratio and the DVD is listed as 2.35:1. I just watch this film last weekend and I think it was presented in widescreen, but now I am not sure. I will take a quick look at it tonight.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Sorry, guys, I made an error. I meant to refer to the title, GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES. The other title, How To Marry A Millionaire, is in 2:35:1.

My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"