X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbo78
    • Apr 2006

A new HT system based on Yamaha RXV1500.. HELP

Hi to all, I'm new here!

I recently bought a Yamaha RXV1500 receiver and now I have to buy some speakers to complete the system...

I have about 1500 euros for this...

What I was looked at is a set of B&W speakers in this config:

602 S3 as fronts
    LCR600 as center
    601 SR or may be 600 S3 as rear
    ASW650 as a sub...

But there is no chance to hear how the Yamaha sounds with Bowers...

Is there any other ideas of a speaker setup in this price range, may be some advices on cables (peolpe are telling me that pairing B&W with Yamaha will be a bright combination - how to compensate this with cables)...

Please help me...

turbo78
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've paired my Yamaha RX-V1 with our friends' pair of B&W CDM7's (I think that was the model) and was pleasantly surprised with the resulting sound. It was very detailed but not harsh or bright, with a good soundstage and very pleasing bass. Try it before you purchase if at all possible, or at least make sure your retailer has a good return policy. As far as cables go, if you are worried about things being too bright start with copper cables as they tend to sound warmer, at least in my opinion.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"