X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mauro
    • Nov 2004

Yamaha Rxv1500 or Rxv750

Yamaha Rxv1500 or Rxv750
    I have decided to purchase one of the above based on features compared to other brands although I read a certain Hifi Website that in his opinion Yamaha has done something to the sound as it sounds alot better than the 1400 it replaced and "miles ahead of the 750" as he put it. He provides by the way of evidence that he had all three in his home for a long time so any differences were brought to the fore and were noticed also by family members.
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mauro
    Yamaha Rxv1500 or Rxv750
    I have decided to purchase one of the above based on features compared to other brands although I read a certain Hifi Website that in his opinion Yamaha has done something to the sound as it sounds alot better than the 1400 it replaced and "miles ahead of the 750" as he put it. He provides by the way of evidence that he had all three in his home for a long time so any differences were brought to the fore and were noticed also by family members.
    If the 1500 is miles ahead of the 750 then why would you even consider the 750. Get the 1500.

ht_addict

Comment

• Mauro
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ht_addict
      If the 1500 is miles ahead of the 750 then why would you even consider the 750. Get the 1500.

ht_addict
      Sorry Man,
      I forgot to ask my question- Does anybody refute the above or agree from experience. Be descriptive and state your gear please.

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hi Mauro,

Being a long-time Yamaha fan/owner (RX-V1, CDR-S1000) and occasional "store auditioner", I can tell you that relative to each other, the newer mid-level Yammies have improved a bit sonically over the earlier generations of receivers. It's not a night-and-day type difference, but the amplification does sound less harsh and at the same time a tiny bit cleaner. One BIG thing that they've added is the YPAO acoustic correction software. That is a major step forward and makes me wish I could get that functionality in my RX-V1.

I'd recommend the 1500 hands down over the other.

Keep us posted on how the search goes, okay?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Mauro
          • Nov 2004

hi david,
          I thank you for your honest and helpful reply.

Comment

• Timmy!
            • Dec 2004

The yamaha 1500 is awesome. I love mine.

Comment

• ibluetooth
              • Nov 2004

Just my 2 cents, but I got the Yamaha HTR 5790, which is pretty similar to the 1500 in terms of specs and price. Is there any reason you haven't considered this model?

I have to agree with David though, The YPAO system was a big help in setting up my system (plug in the Mic, run the program and leave the room...that's it...it calculates everything for you). I currently connected the Yamaha to a Bose 5.1 system (because I needed speakers that disappear in a small room) but sonicly, I think it sounds pretty great. I also have a Toshiba 5700 DVD player that plays DVDs, CDs and MP3s and depends on the mode you use for each, it's a pretty decent setup. I also use a Monster THX Optical connection between DVD and Receiver.

Keep in mind that it didn't sound as great as an Arcam DV79 DVD Player -> Arcam AVR 300 -> Monitor Radius Speakers in 5.1, but then again, there is a HUGE price difference between these two setups.

In all honesty, if you can live audio that is above normal but not as clear and distinct as High End Stuff can provide, then the HTR5790 will provide more than enough value and listening enjoyment.

Comment

• Mauro
                • Nov 2004

No HTR

In Australia, we don't get the htr series just the rxv-xxx and above.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"