old HTM-1 or new HTM-3S, still not sure!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmt
    • Jan 2005

old HTM-1 or new HTM-3S, still not sure!

I'm still not sure what to do about this.

It's still possible to buy a new HTM-1 for about 1750 euros (newprice last year was 2250), with all B&W warranty. But it won't take long before there are none left, unless I buy a second-hand one, but most people want close to what I can buy a new one for.

A new HTM-3S costs 2500 (minus the 10% B&W discount you should always get!) so that's 500 more. 500 doesn't sound much in the high-end world but it's 25% more for almost the same speaker.

Will The HTM-3S sound noticably better? The specs are somewhat different, the tweeter should be the "signature" one. I've never heard one of the signature speakers so I don't know if there was a lot of difference between the normal tweeters and the signature tweeters.

PS I will match it with N802 speakers. For best uniformity I should pick the old one but if the new one sounds a lot better I would rather get that one, unless it's really different in sound, but I don't suspect that. Then again unless you compare them side by side you wouldn't hear much difference I suppose.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

I would probably get the old one to stay in the series. The new series does have an improved tweeter and FST but it may sound different when paired with the 1st gen nautilus.
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Fife
      • Apr 2004

I agree. Stick with the old series for better matching.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"