X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpauline
    • Dec 2003

HTM1 with 803S

I have been trying to put together a B&W system by purchasing speakers when the rest of the forum members upgrade

I currently have an HTM1 that I was going to pair with 803's however would the 803S be a better option for an upgrade? My system is for home theater. I realize that it may not be a great timbre match.

I also could just sell my HTM1 and go the 803S and HTM3S route however I am trying to save money and meet the WAF.

Mark
  • scanido
    • Apr 2006

Your HTM1 will integrate well with the 803S as that speaker is similar to the HTM3S. But having said that, if you want the absolute best you should aim to keep to the same Series and type of speakers, especially for your front three. The soundstage will be more coherent between each channel. It would be a seamless "wall" of sound, so to speak! This is due to the same type of drivers, x-overs, x-over points, even power handling between all three speakers.

I'm sure others will agree that these combos usually work best:
    805S with HTM4S
    803S/804S with HTM3S
    803D with HTM2D
    800D/802D with HTM1D

If you can do a search on the "S" speakers compared to the Nautilus, it replaced, you should come to a conclusion that they are superior.

It's really too bad B&W choose to discontinue the larger HTM1D center in the new Diamond Series as that speaker would technically work best with the 802Di/800Di. Maybe they will bring it back?

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"