X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atorak
    • Feb 2004

HTM1 vs. HTM2?

Hey everyone. Im looking to grab a center channel for movies, and I already have a very nice setup, so im looking to match my fronts. I have the N804s, and the Rotel 1068+1075. Has anyone ever used the HTM2, or the HTM1, or did a comparison between them?

I had an HTM1 for a week, and it was so awesome it overshadowed my old Mirage speakers. I never even HEARD them, I had to turn their level up considerably.

Is the HTM1 worth the extra grand or so? Or should I just be happy with the HTM2?

Also, I need a stand for it as well. Have any idea where I can pick one up, and how much it costs? Thanks!
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

For 804 fronts, I recommend getting the HTM1. Its a better match and is an awesome centre. The HTM2 is better suited for 805's. I had an HTM1 also with my 804 fronts and when using Parasounds Natural mode (which creates surround from stereo sources), the sound difference between the center and fronts was not audible.

B&W makes a stand for the HTM1 and HTM2. I suggest taking a look at it. Its not cheap but the best match for the HTM1 and you can screw it tightly to the stand.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

I had an htm2 matched up w/ my 804's for a couple months. I did not like it much. When stuff would pan across the front it would go full, thin, full. Irritated the heck out of me.

I upgraded to the htm1 and all is well.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Atorak
        • Feb 2004

Thanks guys. Guess I have to make the plunge, and go for the HTM1 again. Man, it was nice though...

Have any idea how much that stand is?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"