Opinions needed- upgrading 1075 to 1757 (802's front and HTM1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueSander
    • Apr 2008

Opinions needed- upgrading 1075 to 1757 (802's front and HTM1)

Hi,
    I have been using the 1075 to power my 802's and HTM1. Although, the 1075 can power the speakers just fine, but I have been feeling that there is so much of my speakers that I haven't fully discovered yet. I want either 1095 or Classe 3200 but the size and the price is a bit tough to bite on at this time. Anyhow, I have been looking at the 1575 and thinking about trying it out. Anyone here has any experience with this new class D amp from Rotel? I searched and there is very little number of posts regarding this specific amp.
    Thanks
  • hurin
    • Sep 2009

A kindred spirit.

The 1075 is to small to power the 802, I had the same problem with my Vienna Mahler.

I did consider the 1095, but thought it was complete overkill for my rear channels. So I ended up getting two stereo amps instead. a 1080 and a 1050.

The 1080 was made in two variations, the one I have has dual binding posts for Bi-Wire, not that I have any use for it.

Comment

• BlueSander
      • Apr 2008

is there a way I can do bi-amp and power all 2 front 802 and the center HTM1??? Between getting a 1095 vs biamp using 2 1080, which one is better?

Comment

• hurin
        • Sep 2009

I guessed you're bi-wiring since you mentioned fronts and center but not the rears.

The only reason to bi-wire is if the crossover in the pre-amp is superior to the one in the speakers. So first you should perform a blind test to determine if this is worth the effort.

Personally I believe in single binding posts. The best speakers I've ever heard are the Dynaudio Consequence MKII who will effortlessly provide better sound than speakers ten times the price tag.
        They cannot be bi-wired.

Comment

• chanlon
          • Sep 2003

The newest generation Class D stuff sounds much more abrasive than the 1st generation 1077 IMO. Its fast, accurate and in your face with a great soundstage.

However if you prefer a warm, bass heavy sound, I find the AB stuff much better.

I went from a 1075 to a 1077 and I felt the 1077 was a much better amp.
          However, the newer stuff didn't impress me at all.

If I couldn't find a 1077 used, I'd go the next step or 2 up and look for a Bryston or Classe. The 1077 would allow you to bi-amp. Just make sure you use the 2 front channels to drive the woofers. My ears tell me that the Front 2 Channels of the 1077 are different (better sounding) that the other 5 channels.

Comment

• mjb
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chanlon
            I went from a 1075 to a 1077 and I felt the 1077 was a much better amp.
            Agreed. I reached the same conclusion.
            Originally posted by chanlon
            My ears tell me that the Front 2 Channels of the 1077 are different (better sounding) that the other 5 channels.
            This is true, the left and right channels use more powerful 250ASP icepower modules vs 200ASC's for the remaining five.
            - Mike

Main System:
            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"