X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vertigo
    • Jan 2005

Newbie introduction.

Hi everyone. I've been following this forum (and others on here) for some time now and decided to finally become a member.

As someone who is looking to step into the nicer end of the audio world, I've found this to be an invaluable resource. I guess since studying electronics (and a lot of that covered audio) at school I've pretty much been a bit of an audio nut, but without the means to do anything about it. It's now starting to look like I'll be able to realize part of my dream...hopefully within the next year or so. Yes, I'm introducing myself early in the process.

So, the first upgrade to my system is looking like being some B&W speakers. I had been looking at (and listened to) the 600 series speakers, but am now leaning strongly more in favour of the 700 series. I just need to get myself (and my wife...always need her approval too, just to be on the safe side) down to the store to have a listen to the 700's.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi" as I'm sure to post more as time goes by.

Cheers.
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

welcome aboard!
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Vertigo,

Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy your choice of the 700's - let us know how your listening experience goes...

Geoff

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

Another member for the Australian membership in here!

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

I always think there's two rationals here...

One would say get the 700 series, which is phenominal...then the other rational is to upgrade... I decided to go the upgrade route. I ended up with the 600 series, just to satisfy my need for good quality speakers...but I know deep down, that I'll end up in the 800 series, after hearing them, they are leaps above both the 600 and 700. For my thinking knowing that I want to someday do that, I just didn't see it worth putting out the money for the 700 series, when I can be happy with the 600s and saving the money to later put towards the 800s. I also took the money I saved and spent it towards buying new equipment, better wires and what not.

Just something I thought I'd throw out there to think about...
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"