X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uncle_dito
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fredBelgium
    Titan, Musical Fidelity... Weiss Jason & Medea, Nagra PL-L, B&W 801D, Analysis Oval 8 and Transparent Ref.

This Titan is very very very good !

Fred
    Hi Fred,
    Congratulations! WOW. Also impressive videos ;x(
    I am impressed.
    I would really love to hear your input in why you selected the MF Titan over other excellent choices like Audioresearch, Halcro, McIntosh? Also I thought that Nirvana would be reached with hi power Valve-based amplifiers, like AudioResearch....Why the Titan "without hesitation"?
    I look forward to your comments. Also you may consider to publish you input on the neighbour MF site, under "Manufacturers Threads".
    Kind regards
    Hi Fi: Audio Research VT.100mkIII, Reference 3, DAC8; Sony SCDXA5400ES; MF A1008 integrated (backup); B&W 803D (also used in HT setup); IXOS cables XHS553 (644 SPC4mm2 high purity silver speaker cable); Chord Digital Signature coaxial, Chord Optical Optichord; VDH C5 The Bay; MIT AVt 1 analogue interconnects; QNAP TS209 NAS; J River MC21
    HT:Sony STR-DA1200ES (Front Pre Out into Reference 3 HT input); Sony SAVE-835D speakers; Sony Blu ray BDP-5000ES; REL STRATA 5; QED Reference Digital audio

Comment

• HDBLU
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by fredBelgium
      A year of passion in 4 minutes ...

Une année d'essais de matos High End en 4 minutes ! ;^)Passion quand tu nous tiens.

good reading !

Hans Zimmer pour "The Da Vinci code", first opus...

..."Chevaliers de sangreal".

Fred
      Great Vid awesome.
      Are the titan amp your or just testing.
      2ch Setup
      Krix Neupohonix
      Musical Fidelity M6i
      Musical Fidelity M6CDP
      Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
      MIT

Comment

• Vino
        • Oct 2009

In your movie I saw some pics of the 805s, did you do a side by side comparison with 801. I'm curious about the differences/resemblances between the two.

Prachtige luisterruimte Fred.

Vino

Comment

• artv4
          • Jun 2007

I purchased a new center for my radio!!!!!
          Attached Files
          GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Focal Utopia

I am a B&W veteran and this weekend I became transformed by Focal Utopia III!!

If Focal understood marketing the way B&W group does it they would lead the pack!!

Do yourselves a favor go audition the new Focal Utopia Maestro or Scala and have a chance to compare it side by side with 802D and you will see

Evo pour évolution… Depuis 2008, année de lancement d’Utopia III, le patrimoine technologique de Focal s’est enrichi. Utopia III Evo intègre donc ces dernières innovations.

Those Beryllium tweeters are some thing

I also heard the Focal Grand Utopia III whoa that is unbelievable just like at the concert :T Too bad it costs $180K
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

With all this rumors over the new B&W I say the the Focal Utopia III is a great alternative.

the "little" Scala utopia will make me very happy (802d :cry: :cry: )
              the 802D in Europa are at Chf.19200 and if they go from the 40 % up bey bey baby dream...)
              Style

Comment

• planitismetal
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by style
                With all this rumors over the new B&W I say the the Focal Utopia III is a great alternative.

the "little" Scala utopia will make me very happy (802d :cry: :cry: )
                the 802D in Europa are at Chf.19200 and if they go from the 40 % up bey bey baby dream...)
                Style

style, go and buy the 802D now, and don't wait for the new!!!
                Tommorow mine's will be in Athens... :B
                Go for it!!! GOOO!!!!!

Comment

• planitismetal
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                  I am a B&W veteran and this weekend I became transformed by Focal Utopia III!!

If Focal understood marketing the way B&W group does it they would lead the pack!!

Do yourselves a favor go audition the new Focal Utopia Maestro or Scala and have a chance to compare it side by side with 802D and you will see

Evo pour évolution… Depuis 2008, année de lancement d’Utopia III, le patrimoine technologique de Focal s’est enrichi. Utopia III Evo intègre donc ces dernières innovations.

Those Beryllium tweeters are some thing

I also heard the Focal Grand Utopia III whoa that is unbelievable just like at the concert :T Too bad it costs $180K

When I buy a 300 m2 house, I certainly go for Grande Utopia... Now with a 26 m2 room, 802D are PERFECT :T

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
                    style, go and buy the 802D now, and don't wait for the new!!! Tommorow mine's will be in Athens... :B Go for it!!! GOOO!!!!!
                    I am ready to sell my three 802D and two 802N, this way I can get a pair of Focal Utopia Maestro :B
                    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• style
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006

I am ready to sell my three 802D and two 802N, this way I can get a pair of Focal Utopia Maestro
                      Wettou, with monez that I go have from 3x802d & 2x802N you can buy only 5 Utipia Diablo. to have 5 utopia Maestro you muss have much money more...

in Europa a focal maestro have the price from a 801d... - matematic is not a opinion

you can buy new tweeter ansd sub and replace this parts from yours 802N and have a 802n transformed in D for around $- 3000 (like read in this forum)

style

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Halllo planitismetal,

great!!! i wait a PM :W

thx Omar

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                          • May 2008

Latest upgrade to my theatre...800Ds! Love them!

Also added a Pioneer 141 Kuro

Closeup with flash (I hate this camera!)

Sexy curves!
                          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                            Nice, congratulations, enjoy

Comment

• ShadowZA
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006

Beautiful! :T

Comment

• Hammie
                                • Oct 2005

WOW, Chuck! Nice addition.

Are you also considering an HTM1D upgrade? And have you considered putting your SVS's on risers? I've put mine on a 6" riser and feel the bass is much tighter and not as boomy.
                                Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• Oddiophile
                                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by louhamilton
                                  WOW, Chuck! Nice addition.

Are you also considering an HTM1D upgrade? And have you considered putting your SVS's on risers? I've put mine on a 6" riser and feel the bass is much tighter and not as boomy.

You could also try the Great Gramma isolation platforms made by Auralex. These are an effective and inexpensive and reasonably attractive solution. You can get them from Sweetwater.com. In my case I actually have my ASW855 subs way off the floor on top of a pair of spare equipment racks with the isolation platforms in between the sub and the rack. This gives me both isolation and solves some room node problems in the height dimension.

Also, I upgraded my HTM2D to an HTM1D to go with my 802Ds in the front and found the improvement to be considerable.

Hope this helps. Love your setup and your 800Ds make me jealous. I would be curious to get an idea of the difference between them and the 802DS.

Jim

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                    • May 2008

Thanks guys, I will look into the sub isolation, good tips! I have some bass traps on order for the corners, and will test that out first. I am running the SVS As EQ1 and would have 2 of the holes on the SVSs filled. Need to play with it a bit more...Thoough I have really just been playing a lot of 2 channel lately. The HTM1D is down the road, I would like to get it, but that will take a lot more brownie points!
                                    Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• sikoniko
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Aug 2003

Thanks guys, I will look into the sub isolation, good tips! I have some bass traps on order for the corners, and will test that out first. I am running the SVS As EQ1 and would have 2 of the holes on the SVSs filled. Need to play with it a bit more...Thoough I have really just been playing a lot of 2 channel lately. The HTM1D is down the road, I would like to get it, but that will take a lot more brownie points!
                                      I find it interesting that you mixed a classe SSP with Mac amps. OOC, would you share your thoughts? Why not get the Mac pre?
                                      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                        • May 2008

OOC??

Put in a really simple way, I liked the detail of the Classe with the warmth of the McIntosh amps. I listened to the Classe amps CA5200 & CAM 400 in the store, and while I liked them, they seemed almost too detailed for me. Also I got a scorching deal on the Mc amps as compared to what I would have had to pay for the Classe equivalent. Due to a lack of stores in my area, I have never had the opportunity to try stuff in my home, which is what I would really like to do.

The McIntosh MX150 is still delayed, likely to ship in a week or so...I am so happy with the SSP 800 I can't see rushing to try the Mc...although if I ever got to demo one at home against the 800 i would love to!
                                        Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• sikoniko
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Aug 2003

ooc = out of curiosity.

thx
                                          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• cdika17
                                            • Oct 2008

Also added a Pioneer 141 Kuro

Closeup with flash (I hate this camera!)

Sexy curves!
                                            Aw you are a crazy Canuck, looking good man, enjoy! So 803's to the rear and 805's to ur 2.1?
                                            Chase

---------------------------------------------------
                                            Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                              • May 2008

Originally posted by cdika17
                                              Aw you are a crazy Canuck, looking good man, enjoy! So 803's to the rear and 805's to ur 2.1?
                                              Thx!
                                              Yes, 803Ds are the rears of the 5.1, my 805s are now in my dining room, connected to my 2.1 system.

How is your system coming along?

Hehe, thanks Sikoniko, that was pretty easy, was thinking it was somehting much more technical!
                                              Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• gross30
                                                • Jun 2005

Nice setup Kahuna, you can't go wrong with Mac and B&W 800 series !! Woohooo!!

Comment

• JesperA
                                                  • Jul 2009

Is there anyone that have gotten the XT8 yet?

Comment

• cdika17
                                                    • Oct 2008

Thx!
                                                    Yes, 803Ds are the rears of the 5.1, my 805s are now in my dining room, connected to my 2.1 system.

How is your system coming along?

Hehe, thanks Sikoniko, that was pretty easy, was thinking it was somehting much more technical!
                                                    Good, just trying to figure out the svs as-eq1, as well as in the planning stages for a HTPC.
                                                    Chase

---------------------------------------------------
                                                    Rotel RSP-1570, Rotel RMB-1575, B&W N805's, B&W Nautilus HTM2, APC H15, Mitsubishi HC7000 PJ, 110" Carada Brilliant White, SVS PCUltra 13, SVS AS-EQ1 Subwoofer EQ, Wadia 170i transport. Stay tuned, HTPC build coming!

Comment

• hardsaltad
                                                      • Oct 2009

My system

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                                                        • May 2008

Looks good Hardsaltad!...welcome to the Forum!
                                                        Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• hardsaltad
                                                          • Oct 2009

Thanks!!

Comment

• HDBLU
                                                            • Jul 2008

Hi All
                                                            Does any one use Rotel Amplifiers on there B&W 802 or down? As I can see some people have a lot of rotel still with B&W Speakers that shows how good Rotel is
                                                            2ch Setup
                                                            Krix Neupohonix
                                                            Musical Fidelity M6i
                                                            Musical Fidelity M6CDP
                                                            Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
                                                            MIT

Comment

• wettou
                                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                                              • May 2006

[QUOTE=HDBLU]Hi All, Does any one use Rotel Amplifiers on there B&W 802 or down? As I can see some people have a lot of rotel still with B&W Speakers that shows how good Rotel is[QUOTE]

with 802D or 802N Classe much better , Rotel ok

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Sep 2004

Fathom F112

Slightly off topic. I have a B&W system and a Velodyne DD18 sub. I recently auditioned JL Audio Subs. I was quite impressed. So much so that I ordered an F112 today. Looking forward to putting that into the system.

I'll post pictures later when I get it in.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by htsteve
                                                                  Slightly off topic. I have a B&W system and a Velodyne DD18 sub. I recently auditioned JL Audio Subs. I was quite impressed. So much so that I ordered an F112 today. Looking forward to putting that into the system. I'll post pictures later when I get it in.
                                                                  You will love it I have the Fathom F113 and it is a killer :T

Comment

• style
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

You will love it I have the Fathom F113 and it is a killer
                                                                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and

The awesome power of JL Audio's Gotham sub woofer. Iron Maiden

Comment

• nyny
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2004

Gotta say this, that's one lucky dog!
                                                                      Tony

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Sep 2004

I got the JL Audio F112 today. I'm still getting used to how small it is compared to the DD18 I had.

Initial impressions are exactly what I've read about. Very tight, fast and musical. Impressive HT output. Still dialing it in, but it's quite an excellent performer.

Before and after pictures are attached.
                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• ray5
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Dec 2008

I got the JL Audio F112 today. I'm still getting used to how small it is compared to the DD18 I had.

Initial impressions are exactly what I've read about. Very tight, fast and musical. Impressive HT output. Still dialing it in, but it's quite an excellent performer.

Before and after pictures are attached.
                                                                          Wow a F112 AND DD18? Even though I know you are in the basement with all this you better make sure it can handle this combo !
                                                                          Ray

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Sep 2004
                                                                            • 1216

Originally posted by ray5
                                                                            Wow a F112 AND DD18? Even though I know you are in the basement with all this you better make sure it can handle this combo !
                                                                            Ray
                                                                            No, I traded in the DD18. Just the F112 now. The Fathom is wonderful in the room.

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Dec 2008
                                                                              • 212

YES YES YES!!! I got them!!! My babes are home!!! YES YES YES!!!!!

When everything is set up, new fotos!!!!

Comment

• mjb
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Mar 2005
                                                                                • 1483

Congratulations, great colour :T
                                                                                - Mike

Main System:
                                                                                B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                                                Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Sep 2004
                                                                                  • 1216

Beautiful. They will sound wonderful. Mine are rosenut as well. Very nice to look at.

Enjoy.

Also, will you have a rug in front of them, to help with reflections?
                                                                                  Last edited by htsteve; 13 November 2009, 23:17 Friday.

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Dec 2008
                                                                                    • 212

Beautiful. They will sound wonderful. Mine are rosenut as well. Very nice to look at.

Enjoy.

Also, will you have a rug in front of them, oo help with reflections?

I don't know yet!! But for sure I will make room treatment (Auralex or something like this)... Guys, the speakers are MARVELOUS!!!

Thanks for the nice words!!! 802D RULES!!!!!!

Comment

• garak
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jul 2007
                                                                                      • 310

Contrats!! They look great. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing now, before the stock runs out.

Comment

• style
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Feb 2006
                                                                                        • 1562

Hallo,

really great. The 802d is for me the "perfect speaker" - price / perfomance

the other models (801-800d) are too big and the price difference is too much from what they give you...(froma 802d)

Brian, I know, i know :roll: the new linewill be sure great but the actuall 802d are great :T

George: :T , you have made the right choice! no word.

Style

Comment

• ninja12
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2007
                                                                                          • 181

Has anyone noticed a difference in the sound for the 802Ds with the spikes installed vs the roll casters?

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Sep 2004
                                                                                            • 1216

Originally posted by ninja12
                                                                                            Has anyone noticed a difference in the sound for the 802Ds with the spikes installed vs the roll casters?

I replaced the casters on my 802D's about 2 months ago. The 802D's are on carpet over pad in a basement (so cement subfloor).

While the 802D's on the casters did not move much on the carpet, there was a little wiggle in them. Now with the spikes, they absolutely do not move at
                                                                                            all.

As to the sound, the spikes definitely make a difference. Tighter bass, overall presentation improved, soundstage is better.

They are a bit of work to get them on, and once the 802D's are down they aren't moving, so make sure they are where you want them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"