X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
    YES YES YES!!! I got them!!! My babes are home!!! YES YES YES!!!!!

When everything is set up, new fotos!!!!
    Congratulations on your 802D's! Beautiful!!!

Comment

• ninja12
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by htsteve
      I replaced the casters on my 802D's about 2 months ago. The 802D's are on carpet over pad in a basement (so cement subfloor).

While the 802D's on the casters did not move much on the carpet, there was a little wiggle in them. Now with the spikes, they absolutely do not move at
      all.

As to the sound, the spikes definitely make a difference. Tighter bass, overall presentation improved, soundstage is better.

They are a bit of work to get them on, and once the 802D's are down they aren't moving, so make sure they are where you want them.

Hope this helps.
      Yes, this definitely helps, and I appreciate your response. What difficulty did you run into trying to get them on?

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

New Listening Room in evolution

New listening room ( two channels, no HT... :W ) is being put together... lots of acoustic correction are still needed. (the room EQ is horrible , I am working on placing 22 bass traps all over..)) Anyhow, this room is the home of a new 800d replacing my 802d..
        I will post more when everything is in place.
        Cheers
        Attached Files
        :T Socrat

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Eliav
          New listening room ( two channels, no HT... :W ) is being put together... lots of acoustic correction are still needed. (the room EQ is horrible , I am working on placing 22 bass traps all over..)) Anyhow, this room is the home of a new 800d replacing my 802d..
          Cheers

Sweet set up! You will have lots of fun fine tuning the room while listening on your system...the 800Ds are gorgeous!!! :T
          Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• HDBLU
            • Jul 2008

Cheers
            Nice setup you are one lucky box :T
            2ch Setup
            Krix Neupohonix
            Musical Fidelity M6i
            Musical Fidelity M6CDP
            Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
            MIT

Comment

• style
              Super Senior Member
              • Feb 2006

Hi Eliav,
              nice & great system.
              AND

very good work with the EQ room correction pannels. :T

how do you have make to decide where how much pieces? - what for
              software of spectrum analizer do have used?

help from a "company"?

thx Style

Comment

• htsteve
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ninja12
                Yes, this definitely helps, and I appreciate your response. What difficulty did you run into trying to get them on?

It just took time and patience, and two people. Moving the 802D's around definitely requires two people.

Taking the casters off and putting the spikes on wasn't hard at all. It was getting to them that I took my time figuring out.

Here is what I did.

I taped off the base of the 802D's so I know where to put them back to.

I then took seat cushons (two or three are needed depending on thickness) and laid them on the floor in front of the speaker. We then tiltled forward the speaker unto the cushons. The cushons were against the main body of the speaker. The marlin head/tweeter were not touching anything. In this position, the 802D wants to roll to one side ot the other. So I put a pillow under one side of the cushons and rolled the speaker to that side. The 802D was down, not moving and the base was exposed. Changing the casters out was easy.

Finally, the hardest part was at hand. We rolled the 802D back to vertical on the cushions, and then tilted up, lifted up the 802D and put it pack in place. Repeated this for the other speaker and we were done.

We quickly realized two things. They do not move at all know. And the sound was better, which made the effort quite worthwhile.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
                  • Mar 2005

No dramatic changes except a re-arrangement of the rack and the Carver TFM-25 taking a dump. So I now have a Emotiva XPA-2 in the rack.

Comment

• ninja12
                    • Mar 2007

It just took time and patience, and two people. Moving the 802D's around definitely requires two people.

Taking the casters off and putting the spikes on wasn't hard at all. It was getting to them that I took my time figuring out.

Here is what I did.

I taped off the base of the 802D's so I know where to put them back to.

I then took seat cushons (two or three are needed depending on thickness) and laid them on the floor in front of the speaker. We then tiltled forward the speaker unto the cushons. The cushons were against the main body of the speaker. The marlin head/tweeter were not touching anything. In this position, the 802D wants to roll to one side ot the other. So I put a pillow under one side of the cushons and rolled the speaker to that side. The 802D was down, not moving and the base was exposed. Changing the casters out was easy.

Finally, the hardest part was at hand. We rolled the 802D back to vertical on the cushions, and then tilted up, lifted up the 802D and put it pack in place. Repeated this for the other speaker and we were done.

We quickly realized two things. They do not move at all know. And the sound was better, which made the effort quite worthwhile.

Hope this helps.
                    Thanks a lot once again htSteve. I appreciate the info and the helpful hint on how you installed your spikes. I do know for sure that it definitely takes two people to move the 802Ds. Right now, I have plenty of help with my 14 year old son who's playing football and lifting weights. He loves helping me out so that I can see how strong he's getting. I will have his help until he leaves for college which will not be for another 3 more years. Anyway, thanks again. :T

Comment

• Eliav
                      • Jul 2005

[QUOTE=style]Hi Eliav,
                      nice & great system.
                      AND

very good work with the EQ room correction pannels. :T

how do you have make to decide where how much pieces? - what for
                      software of spectrum analizer do have used?

help from a "company"?

thx Style[/QUOT
                      Thanks Guys for your complements.
                      Style : the Low frequency response in my room is far from being ideal, you can tell by just moving around in the room, where some spots sound boomy and other sound lacking depth. The room's ceiling unfortunately is built in such a way that the surface area containing corners is huge. I am planning to cover as many corners as possible, and then test the room with a software called homeEQWizzard, to see if there is more evidence of standing waves. Otherwise the first and second reflection points from all walls are going to be covered. Like said, I will post more photos when done...
                      Cheers
                      Eliav

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Style : the Low frequency response in my room is far from being ideal, you can tell by just moving around in the room, where some spots sound boomy and other sound lacking depth. The room's ceiling unfortunately is built in such a way that the surface area containing corners is huge. I am planning to cover as many corners as possible, and then test the room with a software called homeEQWizzard, to see if there is more evidence of standing waves. Otherwise the first and second reflection points from all walls are going to be covered. Like said, I will post more photos when done...
                        Cheers
                        thx Eliav,
                        well with wait the "evoluion" from your room.. :T

But attention to much absorber panels dont give you a better sound but you go have the "reverse" a very bad sound....is true that's you have a 2 channel system and not a HT...-> not so hard to drive the sound from the speakers.?!

Style

Comment

• wettou
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • May 2006

Originally posted by planitismetal
                          When I buy a 300 m2 house, I certainly go for Grande Utopia... Now with a 26 m2 room, 802D are PERFECT :T
                          Outside they sound great
                          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                            • May 2004

ZX10Guy,
                            I've always loved your room and your room decor style, are you in the interior design field? For such a nice room with such expensive equipment, I'm still waiting for the day you incorporate a front projector in the mix. I'd love to see your take on incorporating a projector and screen combo. While it's nice to have a dark room purely for home theater, I'd still appreciate your take on keeping everything modern, and clean, so that it can still be a room that you want to lounge in without the movies.

Comment

• Eliav
                              • Jul 2005

You are right Style - too much coverage and too many traps may cause a "dead" room effect, particularly for HT rooms. This is nor my intention here, There will be plenty of reflecting surface left in my room. I am planning to cover as many corners as possible, this is never too much in low-frequency traps, the more the better, it should produce a more flat bass response, which is what you want to get from every speakers, particularly the 800d..
                              Thanks

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Jan 2006

Cheers
                                Superb setup, Eliav. :T

Comment

• Eliav
                                  • Jul 2005

Thanks!

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
                                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BlazeMaster
                                    ZX10Guy,
                                    I've always loved your room and your room decor style, are you in the interior design field? For such a nice room with such expensive equipment, I'm still waiting for the day you incorporate a front projector in the mix. I'd love to see your take on incorporating a projector and screen combo. While it's nice to have a dark room purely for home theater, I'd still appreciate your take on keeping everything modern, and clean, so that it can still be a room that you want to lounge in without the movies.
                                    Thanks, I appreciate the comments.

Everyone keeps asking about whether I'll ever do a front projector. The thing is as much as I've spent on video, I'm still more focused on the audio aspect of the system. Maybe one of these days when I don't have anything left to occupy my time, I might look into integrating a projector.

Oh and no I'm not in the interior design business. I just have a certain style I like. For some reason I'm able to create a vision of what I want to the room to look like and then figure out the things I need to put together to make it all come together. And I agree with your sentiments about your typical dedicated dark room for A/V which was the driving force behind how I designed the room. If I hadn't posted this some where, here is the area outside of my dedicated room....(keep in mind this is the basement of my house):

Comment

• Hammie
                                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ZX10 Guy
                                      Thanks, I appreciate the comments.

Everyone keeps asking about whether I'll ever do a front projector. The thing is as much as I've spent on video, I'm still more focused on the audio aspect of the system. Maybe one of these days when I don't have anything left to occupy my time, I might look into integrating a projector.

Oh and no I'm not in the interior design business. I just have a certain style I like. For some reason I'm able to create a vision of what I want to the room to look like and then figure out the things I need to put together to make it all come together. And I agree with your sentiments about your typical dedicated dark room for A/V which was the driving force behind how I designed the room. If I hadn't posted this some where, here is the area outside of my dedicated room....(keep in mind this is the basement of my house):

Very nice basement.

Where did you get the painting of the dancers and the umbrellas. I would love to get that for my wife. I think she would love something like that.
                                      Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                      Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                      Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                      Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                      B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                      Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                      My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                      Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
                                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by louhamilton
                                        Very nice basement.

Where did you get the painting of the dancers and the umbrellas. I would love to get that for my wife. I think she would love something like that.
                                        Thank you.

The artist of the painting is Jack Vettriano and is called The Singing Buttler. I'm a huge fan of Jack Vettriano. Brent Heighton also has a similar style of whom I'm also a big fan of.

Comment

• planitismetal
                                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wettou
                                          Outside they sound great

Thanks wettou... Appreciate your comment... :thanku:

Comment

• style
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Feb 2006

Hi planitismetal,

your 802D are better .....no,

no better FOR ME for my personal taste the 802D are a lot but really much
                                            really much vs. a Focal Grand Utopia, Scala, ......
                                            the Focal Utopia sound like a piece of steel struck ...
                                            Remember the triangle of metal that was played at school 8O

this is what the Focal give me...nothing more.

Style

Comment

• dyazdani
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Oct 2005

Cheers
                                              Looks great, I'd come over for a listen, but I don't think you live quite as close anymore!
                                              Danish

Comment

• Eliav
                                                • Jul 2005

Danish
                                                good to hear from you again ! There is no too far (when you drive a Porsche .. :W ).
                                                I will be PM you with my address, in case you're around.
                                                Keep in touch
                                                Eliav

Comment

• dyazdani
                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Oct 2005

I did just put new tires on it...
                                                  Danish

Comment

• btf1980
                                                    • Aug 2007

Nothing has changed, just took a few new shots.

A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• Hammie
                                                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by btf1980
                                                      Nothing has changed, just took a few new shots.

You have a beautiful setup.

Do you have any issues with resonance between your speaker and TT. I was told that a TT should not be too close to a speaker.

I'd like to get into vinyl but the only place I could put a TT would be between my front speaker and A/V cabinet.

Any thoughts or opinions?
                                                      Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                                      Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                                      Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                                      Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                                      B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                                      Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                                      My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                                      Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• BWLover
                                                        • Jan 2009

the tt is on the solid shelf not the "silent" shelf. why is that?
                                                        Bowers & Wilkins 683 Speakers
                                                        Rotel RB-1090 2 Channel Amp
                                                        Rotel RC-1082 Stereo Pre Amp
                                                        Rotel RCD-1072 CD Player
                                                        Pro-Ject Debut Carbon w/ Ortofon 2M Red (sitting on a piece of slate supported by 3 "solid tech feet of silence" isolation feet)
                                                        Rotel RLC-1040 Power Conditioner
                                                        Shynyata Research SR-Z1 Power Outlet & Venom 3 Power Cords x 4
                                                        Tara Labs RSC Vector 1 Speaker Cables & Interconnects
                                                        Pioneer PDP-5070HD 50" Plasma
                                                        Playstation 3
                                                        Shaw HD PVR
                                                        Primacoustic Room Treatments

Comment

• btf1980
                                                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by louhamilton
                                                          You have a beautiful setup.

Do you have any issues with resonance between your speaker and TT. I was told that a TT should not be too close to a speaker.

I'd like to get into vinyl but the only place I could put a TT would be between my front speaker and A/V cabinet.

Any thoughts or opinions?
                                                          Like I mentioned over on the blu-ray forums, as long as the TT is not in direct firing position of the speakers, then it will be fine. I have had no problems, whatsoever.

Comment

• btf1980
                                                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BWLover
                                                            the tt is on the solid shelf not the "silent" shelf. why is that?
                                                            It's just for extra security and stability. It's very important for a turntable.

Comment

• pazu
                                                              • Nov 2009

:T pazu's Hi-Fi system :T

Source: North Star Transport 192 + Extremo Dac (made in Italy)

Tuner: Marantz model 2100 (made in USA)

Integrated Amplifier: Unison Research Unico 100 - pre with tubes (Telefunken Ecc803S) and main with mosfet (made in Italy)

Loudspeakers: B&W 803S - of course! (made in UK)

On the wall rear the loudspeakers : "The Attainment", Tapestry by Sir Edward Burne Jones and William Morris.

On the opposite wall: "The round table", another Tapestry by Sir Edward Jones and William Morris:

Last edited by pazu; 09 July 2012, 10:06 Monday.

Comment

• Grasynoll
                                                                • Mar 2006

Nice pazu, well done

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Sep 2004

pazu,

Very, very nice. Beautifull all the way around. I like the bookshelves in the corners. Natural corner bass traps.

Comment

• Ken49r
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Dec 2007

pazu,

I like the bookshelves in the corners. Natural corner bass traps.
                                                                    I was thinking the same thing - nice job of utilizing furniture for room EQ.

Comment

• pazu
                                                                      • Nov 2009

Oh, very thanks, boys!

In effect, I love books and wood and I always try to cure the environment in natural way.

I hope to post others better photos asap.

Comment

• aarsoe
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • May 2004

Pazu

Think the "quest for the holy grail" is VERY fitting as a symbol of all of our ever continuous quest for ever better sound... ;-)

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Dec 2008

Listen and you'll see!!!!!!

December 2008

April 2009

FINAL SET UP NOVEMBER 2009

AND A LITTLE MAGIC

With empty walls waiting acoustic treatment...

Comment

• pazu
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Nov 2009
                                                                            • 77

Originally posted by aarsoe
                                                                            Pazu

Think the "quest for the holy grail" is VERY fitting as a symbol of all of our ever continuous quest for ever better sound... ;-)

That's sure, aarsoe!

On other hand, the graal is a symbol that represents the search of the perfection...

:T

Comment

• btf1980
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2007
                                                                              • 704

planitismetal, that is quite the upgrade. Impressive!!

Comment

• boarder1995
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Sep 2009
                                                                                • 68

Pazu - love the simplicity of the room with the wonderful wall hanging. Natural room acoustic breakup features are always more attractive than the sometimes necessary evils that are big panels and corner traps. Your setup makes the 803S look more reasonable in size, whereas in the store they look and feel big to me. Very helpful image. Thanks!

planitismetal - your images on the other hand are NOT helpful. Making highlight of certain items with lights, only further entice me to want them. The Classe bridge over the center channel doesn't help matters either. I wonder how that'd look with all Mac gear - very different, but perhaps still wonderful?

All great photos to show the natural wood finishes in different lights are helpful.

Comment

• KyaDawn
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Mar 2008
                                                                                  • 268

Great set-up planitismetal! :T Did you move your 805s to the rear?

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2006
                                                                                    • 1098

Fantastic setup, pazu! :T

Excellent photos & setup, planitismetal! :T

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                      • May 2006
                                                                                      • 3389

planitismetal

Nice progression the acoustic panels in the front walls will improve your sound drastically If I may offer some suggestions, put the CDs in the back for diffusion, put a rug on the floor and also you might want to move the speakers a bit forward.
                                                                                      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• pazu
                                                                                        Member
                                                                                        • Nov 2009
                                                                                        • 77

Very thanks to shadow and boarder!

A question for all: how many meters have you got from loudspeakers to posterior wall?

My 803S are to 0.5 meters to posterior wall and 1.0 meter to lateral ones.

In my room, with these numbers I've got the better sound.

The sofa is to 2.80 meters from loudspeakers.

Comment

• style
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                                          • 1562

Hi George,

like in my PM great job!!!

:T :T

Omar

Comment

• planitismetal
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Dec 2008
                                                                                            • 212

Originally posted by KyaDawn
                                                                                            Great set-up planitismetal! :T Did you move your 805s to the rear?

Yes KyaDawn! First love never forget!!!
                                                                                            Thank you everybody!! I'm just waiting the DD-18 and then my dealer to set up the hole system together with room treatment!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"