X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Nice, very nice Mucke.

Don't know how power hungry the old matrix series was so can't comment on the Krell. I think the fact that you love the sound you are getting already should be a big factor. If it ain't broke............

Would be nice to hear your setup before commenting but Sweden is down the road a bit. Is there any reason that you feel the Krell is needed? Are you looking for more of something?
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• mucke
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Briz vegas
      Nice, very nice Mucke.

Don't know how power hungry the old matrix series was so can't comment on the Krell. I think the fact that you love the sound you are getting already should be a big factor. If it ain't broke............

Would be nice to hear your setup before commenting but Sweden is down the road a bit. Is there any reason that you feel the Krell is needed? Are you looking for more of something?
      The mids and high sounds very nice.
      Bass is not so powerful as you will think when you see this big speaker.
      I think the 801 is very hard driven.

The sensitivity is only 85 db
      impedance is 8 ohm nominal throughout entire operating range.
      That is good.
      power handling : minimum 50 watts into 8 ohms.
      No upper limit.

Comment

• The Great Beast
        • Aug 2009

Y'know, I just joined today and I was reading this thread to post a pic of my setup, when I ran across the Igor-hate.

I buy my stuff from Igor--nice fella. That is his set-up, as he owns it, the store and has listening rooms upstairs set up for a variety of situations. Igor, and selected folks hang out there, auditioning equipment and recordings.

I think I'm going to forego posting here. Too much pissing.
        The Great Beast of the Apocalypse (retired)

B&W 804S and Classe CA2100

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Hello Great Beast.

I think you have to understand that old hands around here have seen lots of B&W photos from various places being used by others as part of scams on Ebay etc. It breeds suspicion.

Most domestic systems are easy to pick, even the top ones tend to have compromises or an indication of the owners personality. That one just did not ring true. I have not gone back to that thread but I do recall that the poster was a first timer and was a bit unclear about the setup. Personally I think dealers should always be upfront re what they do. To use an old aussie term, its about being "fair dinkum" and to most it only enhances the authority of the poster.

This site isn't too bad, people are generally friendly and newbies are welcomed. I think the example you have picked is an exception. Systems at that level are usually revered (to the point where I feel like commenting that I don't like the carpet just for a break from all the gushing praise. In fact I have probably done that once or twice - check the Aldo system pics for an example)
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• exntric
            • Aug 2009

Thought I might as well add some pics of my setup as well..

Regards,
            Steffen

Comment

• ryan.devry
              • Apr 2008

exntric,

Nice Pics, very clean.
              Ryan
              -------------------------

Comment

• exntric
                • Aug 2009

Thanks, mate
                Regards,
                Steffen

Comment

• KahunaCanuck
                  • May 2008

What Integrated are you running? Looks great!
                  Kahuna's Theatre

Comment

• krell2
                    • Sep 2009

Comment

• htsteve
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                      What Integrated are you running? Looks great!

exntric, I had the same question. It's pretty stout looking.

Krell2, very nice picture and setup. Also, welcome to the forum!

Comment

• fredBelgium
                        • Jun 2007

Titan, Musical Fidelity... Weiss Jason & Medea, Nagra PL-L, B&W 801D, Analysis Oval 8 and Transparent Ref.

This Titan is very very very good !

Fred

Comment

• pushtiulk
                          • Dec 2008

fred, what turntable do you use?
                          B&W 685 S2
                          Rotel RA-12
                          Logitec Z-5500 Subwoofer
                          Asus Xonar D2/PM

Comment

• style
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Feb 2006

@pushtiulk, is a ClearAudio.

Fred, next year wenn B&W go replace all the serie 800 do you go change the 801?

style

Comment

• btf1980
                              • Aug 2007

Fred, you got rid of the dcs puccini sacd player and pass labs amps? Jeez dude, that's some serious gear to upgrade from.
                              A camera, passport, good music, good food and good company is all I need.

Comment

• peter clarke
                                • Oct 2006

? passive vertical bi-amp

Dear Fred, That is some serious juice for those monster speakers, is this how you are running them
                                Originally posted by fredBelgium
                                Titan, Musical Fidelity... Weiss Jason & Medea, Nagra PL-L, B&W 801D, Analysis Oval 8 and Transparent Ref.

This Titan is very very very good !

Fred

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by pushtiulk
                                  fred, what turntable do you use?
                                  Hello,

ClearAudio Champion Level 2 ! :T

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by style
                                    @pushtiulk, is a ClearAudio.

Fred, next year wenn B&W go replace all the serie 800 do you go change the 801?

style
                                    Hello Style

After discovering the Titans I ask myself as I rediscovered these 801D.

These speakers are truly exceptional.

But you can never say never.

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by btf1980
                                      Fred, you got rid of the dcs puccini sacd player and pass labs amps? Jeez dude, that's some serious gear to upgrade from.
                                      Hello BTF,

The Puccini was replaced by Weiss as I could acquire Weiss at great prices. And it is really superior to Puccini.

For the Pass Labs X.600.5 they were testing the home and does not seem to me more than my Accustic Arts AMP III. So I have not acquired.

By cons I will be ordering the Titan for there to listen the differences are striking.

The price goes from simple to double.

Good day,

Frederick.

Comment

• sunshdw
                                        • Sep 2008

Nice set up!
                                        Are you planning on changing/adding to your equiptment rack to accomedate your Titan amps or just leaving them on the floor?
                                        Magnepan,ARC,VTL,Transparent Audio ;x(

"The term "audiophile" means essentially nothing -- it's a self-anointed status that entails no credentials, qualifications or certifications. It means "hobbyist," nothing more, and anyone can lay claim to it. Ironically, I've come to recognize that "audiophiles" represent a group that will believe almost anything"

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by sunshdw
                                          Nice set up!
                                          Are you planning on changing/adding to your equiptment rack to accomedate your Titan amps or just leaving them on the floor?
                                          Hello and thanks,

I do not know yet what I'll do.
                                          Or I put on their shelves or specific so I inssert in existing furniture Finite Elemente Pagode.

But anyway it will be decoupled from the ground to avoid any vibration.

Fred

Comment

• Hammie
                                            • Oct 2005

Alright, I just made a few changes to my system this weekend. I moved the plasma up so the IR sensor was not blocked my the center. I also added the XPA-5 in the cabinet. It is powering my 804s fronts, HTM3s center and Polk Audio FXi3 surrounds. My goal is to get the B&W CWM DS8 in-wall surrounds within the next 60 days. Need to pass a Cisco Systems exam first. Job security always comes before play time.

Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                            Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                            Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                            Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                            B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                            Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                            My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                            Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by peter clarke
                                              Dear Fred, That is some serious juice for those monster speakers, is this how you are running them
                                              Hello Peter,

Sorry but I do not understand the meaning of the question.

Fred.

Comment

• BVoss
                                                • May 2009

Originally posted by louhamilton
                                                Alright, I just made a few changes to my system this weekend. I moved the plasma up so the IR sensor was not blocked my the center. I also added the XPA-5 in the cabinet. It is powering my 804s fronts, HTM3s center and Polk Audio FXi3 surrounds. My goal is to get the B&W CWM DS8 in-wall surrounds within the next 60 days. Need to pass a Cisco Systems exam first. Job security always comes before play time.
                                                Beautiful!! Very clean looking system.

Comment

• vlasis
                                                  • May 2007

i feel happy ...and i like it......

A new valve friend came to my rack....and the name is...Mod Wright 36.5

An excellent preamp from a very honest company from America(hallo Dan)AND REALLY make me happy !!
                                                  Take a look at this review http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright2/365.html
                                                  First time valve in a preamp in my system and i am ready to travell closer to the music................sorry but i want to share it with you my friends

Take care all of you........music lovers!!!!!!!!!!! ;x( ;x( :B :rofl:

Comment

• htsteve
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Sep 2004

vlasis,

A beautiful looking set-up. The sound must be quite spectacular.

I am interested in what appears to be an isolation device under the center channel. I am wanting to do that with mine (an HTM2D) and your device is about the size I'm looking for. Who makes it, what is it called? Any info is appreciated.

Comment

• vlasis
                                                      • May 2007

Originally posted by htsteve
                                                      vlasis,

A beautiful looking set-up. The sound must be quite spectacular.

I am interested in what appears to be an isolation device under the center channel. I am wanting to do that with mine (an HTM2D) and your device is about the size I'm looking for. Who makes it, what is it called? Any info is appreciated.
                                                      Hallo amico and many thanks......this isolation device is from a English company named ISOL-8.

Take a good look in products category..........Take care !! :T :T

Comment

• Hammie
                                                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by vlasis
                                                        Hallo amico and many thanks......this isolation device is from a English company named ISOL-8.

Take a good look in products category..........Take care !! :T :T
                                                        I think he means what do you have your center channel setting on? I was wondering the same thing. I think I want to isolate my center from the cabinet.
                                                        Panasonic TC-P65VT30
                                                        Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508 | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
                                                        Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR | Pioneer PL-670 Turntable
                                                        Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
                                                        B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8 | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
                                                        Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
                                                        My Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Setup
                                                        Next Upgrade: Cables

Comment

• htsteve
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by louhamilton
                                                          I think he means what do you have your center channel setting on? I was wondering the same thing. I think I want to isolate my center from the cabinet.

Yes, that is what I mean. The link provided was for a power conditioner.

Comment

• vlasis
                                                            • May 2007

Terrible mistake from me ops: ops: ........ok ...the speaker isolator is from Auralex USA .
                                                            Link http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolati...eakerdudes.asp :lol:

Comment

• htsteve
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Sep 2004

Thanks. That's what I was after.

Comment

• AlexDSL
                                                                • Feb 2008

Hello,

Today, I'm the happy owner of a pair of B&W 803S !

Yesterday evening :

Today :

(the room is always "at work" :lol: )

Alex

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Sep 2004

Alex,

Sweet. That will make for some very nice two channel.
                                                                  Last edited by htsteve; 21 September 2009, 07:12 Monday.

Comment

• peter clarke
                                                                    • Oct 2006

Dear Fred, I n the photo we see 2 TITAN AMPS, each is a stereo amp, in passive horizontal bi-amping 1 TITAN would supply the bass on each 801D , the other TITAN would drive the mid/hi on each 801D. Passive vertical bi-amping would be each TITAN responsible for each 801D i.e bass driven by one channel and mid/hi driven by the other. Anyhow looks a mean system, would be interested in comparison to pass labs 600.5

Comment

• AlexDSL
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2008

I think there is one amp and one "power supply"..

Alex

Comment

• SoundEngine355
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2008

fredBelgium - Very nice setup!
                                                                        Last edited by SoundEngine355; 02 October 2009, 01:47 Friday.
                                                                        SoundEngine355

-------------------
                                                                        [Music] B&W 800D | Classe CDP202 +M400s | Velodyne DD15

Comment

• Freddie40
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jun 2009

I have updated a few things so I thought I would share a picture.

Here's what my system looked like 3 months ago:

Here's what it looks like now:

I changed the preamp from a Bryston BP6DA to a Bryston BP26DA. Also changed from a Panamax to a PS Audio Power Plant Premier. Also added Sound Anchors. All 3 improvements have really helped the sound.

This year I have also partially rebuilt the 802s. I switched out both tweeters, midranges and midrange grills for new ones. I also had 1 woofer reconed. It it very nice to know that you can still get new parts for these 20 year old speakers
                                                                          Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• SoundEngine355
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Feb 2008
                                                                            • 313

Wow there are some really nice pictures in this thread!
                                                                            Last edited by SoundEngine355; 14 October 2009, 07:29 Wednesday.
                                                                            SoundEngine355

-------------------

Comment

• altanpsx
                                                                              Member
                                                                              • Nov 2008
                                                                              • 63

SoundEngine355,

One of the best systems I think. But you are killing your left speaker by boxing it with walls, tv furniture ect. Free your 800d

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                                                                Member
                                                                                • Jun 2007
                                                                                • 76

A year of passion in 4 minutes ...

Une année d'essais de matos High End en 4 minutes ! ;^)Passion quand tu nous tiens.

good reading !

Hans Zimmer pour "The Da Vinci code", first opus...

..."Chevaliers de sangreal".

Fred

Comment

• SoundEngine355
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2008
                                                                                  • 313

Originally posted by altanpsx
                                                                                  SoundEngine355,

One of the best systems I think. But you are killing your left speaker by boxing it with walls, tv furniture ect. Free your 800d

True true... but its the best I can do for the moment, I need to work with the space I have until my house extension is finished. I will have a dedicated 6x4m (20x13foot) room with sound proofing to unleash the D's
                                                                                  SoundEngine355

-------------------

Comment

• SoundEngine355
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2008
                                                                                    • 313

A year of passion in 4 minutes ...

Une année d'essais de matos High End en 4 minutes ! ;^)Passion quand tu nous tiens.

Fred
                                                                                    Amazing setups, truely amazing!
                                                                                    SoundEngine355

-------------------

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                                                                      Member
                                                                                      • Jun 2007
                                                                                      • 76

Look,

:^)

Comment

• emig5m
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Aug 2008
                                                                                        • 646

Damn... Are you a professional video editor? Nice editing. 8)

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Jun 2007
                                                                                          • 76

Originally posted by emig5m
                                                                                          Damn... Are you a professional video editor? Nice editing. 8)
                                                                                          No, no... iMovie 09. iLife 09 Apple !

:T

Comment

• mjb
                                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                                            • Mar 2005
                                                                                            • 1483

No, no... iMovie 09. iLife 09 Apple !

:T
                                                                                            Fantastic job on the listening room, congratulations. :T

Also, what a great video - one can get some great results with Apple!! 8)
                                                                                            - Mike

Main System:
                                                                                            B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
                                                                                            Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"