X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BWzes03
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by audioqueso
    BWzes03, awesome setup! That's a lot of nice toys.
    Do you know you have a cable dangling next to your left speaker? :B
    Just curious, does the blue circle power light on your Antec case still glow? I just realized my case doesn't have the blue circle light anymore.
    Thanks !

The cable 'dangling' next to the left speaker is in fact a power cord for the wall-mounted lamp above the speaker and is routed as close to the wall as possible... Although it doesn't look it, the speakers are in fact a full 30cm (1 foot) from the back wall....
    Placing them even further into the room is unfortunately not really possible.

As for the powerlight on the Antec, mine has a white glow behind/around the powerswitch when switched on.

Comment

• Armbender
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BWzes03
      Allright y'all ... I had a bit of time left this evening, so I thought, lets finally make
      those shots of my new gorgous Nautilus 802's !...
      great set-up!...love the stands, what make are they?
      Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• BWzes03
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Armbender
        great set-up!...love the stands, what make are they?
        I assume you mean the equipment racks ? Those are Atacama Equinox HiFi and Equinox AV. They also make very nice speaker stands (Nexus series).

Comment

• sg2
          • Sep 2006

BWzes03: we obviously share some common taste here

Dual + B&W, way to go
          Regards,
          --
          Stéphane

Comment

• Jonzie
            • Oct 2007

[IMG]

Setup as it is right now. Walls are too soft for the speaker, so even though I have only 18m2 and a RP1 Roomperfect module from Lyngdorf, there is not a sufficient amount of bass.

Go go 802Di or 800 Di
            Attached Files
            B&W 800 Diamond
            Benchmark DAC1HDR
            Lyngdorf RP-1 (external Roomperfect Processor/Equalizer)
            NAD M3 (temporary poweramp. Waiting for 4x500W AudioWatt modules)
            Rega Apollo 35yr Anniversary Edition CD Player
            Technics 1210 Vinyl Player
            NAD C445 DAB Tuner
            Pioneer PDPLX5090
            PS3

Interconnects: (DAC through RP1 to amp) TL Air1S2, (CD to DAC) Vipera Xanthina Coax, (Vinyl to Analog Pre-amp) VDH Jubilee
            Speaker cables: Oehlbach LS214
            Mains: Vipera Xanthina

Comment

• Skyblue
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jonzie
              [IMG]

Setup as it is right now. Walls are too soft for the speaker, so even though I have only 18m2 and a RP1 Roomperfect module from Lyngdorf, there is not a sufficient amount of bass.

Go go 802Di or 800 Di
              I have personally come to believe that the 802di and the 800di does in fact not exist. They just took an old 800d and painted it black.

Further, to my knowledge only one 800di has been seen, even though the new series was known about in september. If they take about 4 months to produce 1 (the one at ces), the first pair should be ready to ship just about now.

In a couple of weeks some reviewer who got the actual pair, will declare them bright and beg b&w to return to the old line, which they will since they have a factory full of speakers they could otherwise not sell. But they CAN sell them to people waiting in line for the new, now cancelled model instead.

Tbh. I find it very hard to believe that it should take so long time to ship just one pair of 800di's over here for demo. I mean, wtf are they doing??? They launch a new series and then refuse to produce them? Is this some kind of soviet style joke? In russia you produce the speaker yourself, because there is a 10 year waiting time?

Bah
              B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• AV-OCD
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Jonzie
                [IMG]

Go go 802Di or 800 Di
                Have you listened to your system without the Lyngdorf Room Perfect? It may be what is killing your bass.

Harman International did a case study on 5 different Room EQ devices, including Audyssey, Anthem ARC, and Lyngdorf. In that test, the participants in the study consistently remarked that the Lyngdorf made the the system sound bass-shy.

Lyngdorf is coded as "RC6" in the test paper results below.

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

• BWzes03
                  • Oct 2005

@SG2 :
                  Stephane, from the size of the platter, that could be a 1019, but judging from the tonearm, its a 1009 ? I also have a 1019 in excellent condition, the built quality is second to none. They do not build turntables like the Idler wheel Duals anymore !
                  Last edited by BWzes03; 24 April 2010, 06:20 Saturday.

Comment

• sg2
                    • Sep 2006

Hi,

No, mine is a 1210, totally genuine from 1969 or 1970.

My father bought it new at that time, along with a CV40 amp and a pair of CL130 speakers.

Those units are like new, he's been just brushing them off with a soft cloth every now and then.

I have the vintage manuals too, and in the turntable's it is stated that the lubricant for both the arm and the platter pivots are filled "for life", this is incredibly true, the oil is still smooth and hasn't started to coagulate in any way.

When I got the stuff from my father (who moved on to more modern toys), I dismantled the table, speakers and amp, in order to clean them a bit, and what I saw in the 1210 attests indeed that those machines are designed and built second to none.

The only thing I ended up doing is changing the main caps of the amp.

The turntable sounds wonderful with the Dual amp & speakers (which are now my second setup), but it irresistibly became part of the main system here (a big class A amp I built myself, and a pair of 802D's).

Regards,
                    --
                    Stéphane
                    Regards,
                    --
                    Stéphane

Comment

• Jonzie
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Skyblue
                      I have personally come to believe that the 802di and the 800di does in fact not exist. They just took an old 800d and painted it black.

Further, to my knowledge only one 800di has been seen, even though the new series was known about in september. If they take about 4 months to produce 1 (the one at ces), the first pair should be ready to ship just about now.

In a couple of weeks some reviewer who got the actual pair, will declare them bright and beg b&w to return to the old line, which they will since they have a factory full of speakers they could otherwise not sell. But they CAN sell them to people waiting in line for the new, now cancelled model instead.

Tbh. I find it very hard to believe that it should take so long time to ship just one pair of 800di's over here for demo. I mean, wtf are they doing??? They launch a new series and then refuse to produce them? Is this some kind of soviet style joke? In russia you produce the speaker yourself, because there is a 10 year waiting time?

Bah
                      I'm not sure why it has taken so long, but a friend of mine went to CES. He said that the finish of the models standing there was quite disappointing for a B&W 800 series speaker. When he went and talked to the representatives, they ended up admitting that the board of B&W was actually not satisfied with the finish.

If you look at the image (first one I saw of the speaker) where you see an 802Di in gloss black from above, find it as a .pdf and zoom in on the finish of the baffle. I tell you, that is just not good enough. All wrinkled and un-even.

Perhaps they dare not send out the more expensive 800 speakers looking like an old lady? I have since then only seen images of the 802Di on Rosewood and in very limited amounts. I have read that some people have heard them, but then it's a mystery for me why no more photos are online atm.

Originally posted by AV-OCD
                      Have you listened to your system without the Lyngdorf Room Perfect? It may be what is killing your bass.

Harman International did a case study on 5 different Room EQ devices, including Audyssey, Anthem ARC, and Lyngdorf. In that test, the participants in the study consistently remarked that the Lyngdorf made the the system sound bass-shy.

Lyngdorf is coded as "RC6" in the test paper results below.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...ZTUxMGQ4&hl=en
                      My initial thought reading your reply was "what the hell do you think? Of course I have heard my stereo without the RP1! That's the whole reason why I bought the damn thing".

But of course, you only join the debate to help me find answers and I appreciate it. Thank you for the advice. The survey looks interesting.

I have more bass with the RP1 with the 805Ss. I have bought the RP1 under a year ago and before that, I always had problems controlling my bass and getting the punch and precision that I wanted. The problem is that so much bass is sucked in by the room because of extremely soft walls all around and the room itself, that the 805 mid/woofers really have to work overtime to produce the low frequencies for my sweetspot. I can even make them go "flap-flap" at volumes that are only relatively loud. I know, there are tons of potential reasons and so on, but the fact remains that even my old 802D's couldn't fill my small room with bass without the RP1. I have had several acoustic nerds over, and they all shook their heads.

The 802Ds played very nicely with the RP1 though and the 805's play better with, than without. No question in my opinion. And I was very satisfied with the 802Ds, but sold them quickly when I heard that the new series was announced, so I could still get a good price for them. I only have the 805s borrowed from a friend until B&W decides to showcase the new goods.

In relation to the survey, however, the product they are testing is not simply a room correction module, it's a pre-amp with a RP module built-in. I never liked Lyngdorf amps, as they are much to clinical and, well, lifeless in my opinion. That was why I bought the RP1, as it is simply a room correction processor and nothing else and I would be able to take the timbre of my current setup at any point in time, and add the RP1, in any room.
                      B&W 800 Diamond
                      Benchmark DAC1HDR
                      Lyngdorf RP-1 (external Roomperfect Processor/Equalizer)
                      NAD M3 (temporary poweramp. Waiting for 4x500W AudioWatt modules)
                      Rega Apollo 35yr Anniversary Edition CD Player
                      Technics 1210 Vinyl Player
                      NAD C445 DAB Tuner
                      Pioneer PDPLX5090
                      PS3

Interconnects: (DAC through RP1 to amp) TL Air1S2, (CD to DAC) Vipera Xanthina Coax, (Vinyl to Analog Pre-amp) VDH Jubilee
                      Speaker cables: Oehlbach LS214
                      Mains: Vipera Xanthina

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

Hi,

I think that the Lyngdorf with the Rp1 and the processor with inside the Roomcorrection is a very good product.
                        in Europa the Rp1 is expensive and before invest a 4k. $. for the Rp1 I liked make a test with the SSP800....
                        from the models (room correction &Co.) available the Rp1 I have very good read .
                        I have too listen a system with the Tdai2200 ampli, processor (with Rp1 inside) called Dpa1 from this from and the GREAT speaker MH1. but have a Rp1 in a Classe system I don't know if is the same.

@Jonzie: the new 802d before a serius test I not so sure that is so radival better vs. the old model: I have the 803D and I don't think that the new 803Di is sooo different from the old model. the room, the room, the source,..make sure a difference in sound and with a Rp1 the 802Di will give you a sound very similar at the 802 "old"...

how much is is Usa a Rp1?? (in $$$?)

Style

Comment

• dinhvannam
                          • Apr 2010

Hey guys

This is Mr Nam's system. Any comments are welcome

@Mr.Nam: Sorry for showing without your permission, I only want to show your system to the B&W's world.
                          Last edited by dinhvannam; 29 April 2010, 12:31 Thursday.

Comment

• Skyblue
                            • Jun 2009

Great system mr. nam. But isn't the room a tad too smal for the 800d's?

To me it seems that they are awfully close to the sidewalls. And I have an interest since my room is not much bigger and I have to choose between 800's and 802's.

.. sometime in the fall anyway
                            B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• lilayzian
                              • Apr 2010

HELP PLEASE..

i have recently purchased 5 B&W CT7.4LCRS (rated 50-150W) and i am looking for a reciever + amplifier combo within the $1500-1800 budget range.. i have been looking at some onkyo, emotiva products. any recommendations?

should i get an onkyo receiver and emotiva amp (upa5) or go emotiva all the way?

Comment

• Relentless
                                • Jul 2007

I wonder if Mr Nam only uses the 800D's for 2ch because that doesn't even look like a HTM2D center and has to be drawing attention to itself. Very nice system.
                                I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                                Lou

Comment

• artv4
                                  • Jun 2007

mr nam wow!!!!! actually, wow would be an understatement
                                  GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• vn1
                                    • May 2009

Originally posted by dinhvannam
                                    Hey guys
                                    This is Mr Nam's system. Any comments are welcome
                                    Nice system but have you thought of adding some acoustic treatment? I just wonder how that system sounds in that cement-brick room with tile floor.

Comment

• Eddie.Nyce
                                      • May 2009

Hello Gents,

Posted here a while back when I was rockin' the 700 series, sold those and upgraded to 804S some months back, as usual, great set ups everyone...keep postin!

Comment

• htsteve
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Sep 2004

Eddie.Nyce,

Very nice setup, very clean. The 804s's are very nice.

One thing to consider is to move the center channel to the front of the entertainment center. Getting the face of the center channel as close to the face plane of the 804S's is the goal. This will improve the center channel (it will sound less boxed in) and integrate the font better.

Same issue with te 804S's. Moving them forward an inch or two will improve them. They will not be compressed sounding. I'm sure they do not sound compressed now, but having a box nearby speakers does compress the sound. Any measure to reduce this will help the sound. A free upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Ken49r
                                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Eddie.Nyce
                                          Hello Gents,

Posted here a while back when I was rockin' the 700 series, sold those and upgraded to 804S some months back, as usual, great set ups everyone...keep postin!

Since you've had them for a few months, how does the HTM4s sound with the 804s? I'm considering an upgrade.

Comment

• JustinGN
                                            • May 2009

Hello Gents,

I'm amazed you're driving those monsters with that Denon Receiver! Doesn't it limit the breathing room on those? I know my Marantz does for my 684s unless I bi-amp, and I'm curious if Denon is able to keep up

Comment

• Eddie.Nyce
                                              • May 2009

Originally posted by htsteve
                                              Eddie.Nyce,

Very nice setup, very clean. The 804s's are very nice.

One thing to consider is to move the center channel to the front of the entertainment center. Getting the face of the center channel as close to the face plane of the 804S's is the goal. This will improve the center channel (it will sound less boxed in) and integrate the font better.

Same issue with te 804S's. Moving them forward an inch or two will improve them. They will not be compressed sounding. I'm sure they do not sound compressed now, but having a box nearby speakers does compress the sound. Any measure to reduce this will help the sound. A free upgrade.

Hope this helps.
                                              Thanks Steve, There is actually 1 reason for my center being pushed back as well as the floor standers........my little girl One day I will have a dedicated room just for 2 CH or HT but for now I have to take precautionary measures, I pushed the towers back as I have found her playing behind the speakers on many occasions and dont even want to think of what would happen to them should they tip........tiiiiimmmmmber!

Comment

• Eddie.Nyce
                                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Ken49r
                                                Since you've had them for a few months, how does the HTM4s sound with the 804s? I'm considering an upgrade.
                                                The HT4S blends quite well with the 804S, I have had the towers for a few months and just picked up the center on the weekend.

Have not put the center through any rigorous movie testing but sooo far so good.

Obviously the HTM3 would be the ideal match but i could not find any, if you decide to go with the HTM4 you will be pleasantly surprised, definitely a good sounding center. I actually prefer the smaller footprint as it woul dbe overkill in my particular application.

Comment

• Eddie.Nyce
                                                  • May 2009

Originally posted by JustinGN
                                                  I'm amazed you're driving those monsters with that Denon Receiver! Doesn't it limit the breathing room on those? I know my Marantz does for my 684s unless I bi-amp, and I'm curious if Denon is able to keep up
                                                  I am in a similar situation as you, BI AMP the fronts, it is a short term solution that has been...OK...once I have the funds allocated I will look into an AMP to drive the fronts and center..

I do enjoy the Denon 3310 but fear that under-pwering the 804's may result in some sort of damage/fatigue.....Do you also have the same concern?

What do fellow B&W owners reccommend for an amp, within the 1500 - 2500 CDN range?

Comment

• htsteve
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Sep 2004

Thanks Steve, There is actually 1 reason for my center being pushed back as well as the floor standers........my little girl One day I will have a dedicated room just for 2 CH or HT but for now I have to take precautionary measures, I pushed the towers back as I have found her playing behind the speakers on many occasions and dont even want to think of what would happen to them should they tip........tiiiiimmmmmber!

I totally understand. Makes perfect sense. You might consider some stands under the 804S's. I have 804S's and use Sound Anchor stands under them. Besides a sonic improvement (tighter bass and improved soundstage), they definitely help to stabilize.

I too share concern with driving 804S's with a receiver. The 800 series was really designed with external amps in mind. There is definitely more danger in underpowering the drivers as opposed to too much power (which really does not bother the 800 series. The more current the better).

As for your amp question, that kind of budget will land you a very nice Rotel stereo amp (RB-1572 or RB-1582). 200-250 watts per channel and good current. It would light up the 804S's. Or you could get a stout Rotel 5 channel amp and the whole system would be upgraded (RB-1575, 250 wpc X5).

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Tweir
                                                      • Oct 2006

Its been awhile since my last pictures so here is an update.
                                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Tweir
                                                        • Oct 2006

Also tried an mc275 and it did sound very good at lower volumes. When I turned the system past 85db the bass and the top end seem to roll off quickly.
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Tweir
                                                          • Oct 2006

I tried the 805's with a classe cap-2100 for my home dj setup and it sounded
                                                          good. I then tried the mackie hr824mk2 with better results. That was the
                                                          speaker I kept in that system. The classe setup too much wire all over the place and the mackie's I just run a pair of xlr columbia to the speaker and power and I'm done.
                                                          Attached Files
                                                          Last edited by Tweir; 04 May 2010, 10:24 Tuesday.

Comment

• htsteve
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Sep 2004

Tweir,

Very nice systems. Both visually and sonically. And I love the desk system. I had 705's off of a Rotel integrated once. But your setup is sweet.

Comment

• Tweir
                                                              • Oct 2006

Thank you. My last upgrade on my 803dr system was a richard grey 600 on the pre amp and the cd player. I tried it for 60 days and it made the system brighter and more forward. Kinda took away the darker deeper sound of the classe setup. So I guess for now I'm done.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                • May 2006

Originally posted by Tweir
                                                                Its been awhile since my last pictures so here is an update.
                                                                Nice set up, suggestion try moving your speakers from the wall and listen to your speakers opening up
                                                                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• wettou
                                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Tweir
                                                                  I tried the 805's with a classe cap-2100 for my home dj setup and it sounded good. I then tried the mackie hr824mk2 with better results. That was the speaker I kept in that system. The classe setup too much wire all over the place and the mackie's I just run a pair of xlr columbia to the speaker and power and I'm done.
                                                                  Close range I use the 802D
                                                                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• windmind84
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Apr 2010

- i like setup of Wettou ),subtle, gently generally minimalist
                                                                    - to Nam : What you know about architecture ?

Comment

• JustinGN
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2009

So now that I've finally moved out of my parents place, I've had a chance to set my theater up properly and give my own B&W speakers plenty of room to breathe!

Equipment:

Sharp LC-46D64U Display
                                                                      Marantz SR6003 AVR
                                                                      Sony 60GB Playstation 3 (250GB HDD)
                                                                      Xbox 360 Elite
                                                                      Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player
                                                                      Nintendo Wii
                                                                      Slingbox PRO
                                                                      WDTV Live
                                                                      Sega Dreamcast w/ VGA Box

Fronts: B&W 684
                                                                      Rears: B&W 685
                                                                      Center: B&W HTM61
                                                                      Subwoofer: Dad's Klipsch (Don't have model # yet)

Fronts are bi-amped, all other channels are bi-wired. Echo still needs managing, but it sounds like a single soundfield/environment for a change!

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by JustinGN
                                                                        Echo still needs managing, but it sounds like a single soundfield/environment for a change!

Nice set-up. It is nice to have your own space. As to the echo, A larger rug in front of the speakers would help. Or move the rug under the coffee table to in front of the main speakers.

And something on that back wall. A wall rug?

Hope this helps.

Comment

• JustinGN
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2009

Originally posted by htsteve
                                                                          Nice set-up. It is nice to have your own space. As to the echo, A larger rug in front of the speakers would help. Or move the rug under the coffee table to in front of the main speakers.

And something on that back wall. A wall rug?

Hope this helps.
                                                                          It's not visible, but the source of the echo is largely the hallway adjacent to the room. The entire house is hardwood flooring, so I still need to invest in some runners and thick curtains before I consider the wall rug idea

Comment

• mrciave
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Apr 2010
                                                                            • 105

802Ds just came home... A few pics of my very temporary setup (just moved in the new house a few weeks ago).

ESOTERIC SA-50
                                                                            FATMAN ITUBE 252
                                                                            B&W 802D

Obviously the amplifier is a temporary solution till I choose and buy the proper one... But surprisingly, at reasonable volume, that small thing is driving the 802s!!!!!!

For anybody asking himself what kind of animal is on top of the Esoteric, that's my pet wombat. Being a 50kg animal, it's there for strict sound quality purposes, it damps out CD vibrations :roll:
                                                                            Attached Files
                                                                            2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• Relentless
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Jul 2007
                                                                              • 317

Originally posted by mrciave
                                                                              that's my pet wombat. it's there for strict sound quality purposes, it damps out CD vibrations :roll:
                                                                              :lol:
                                                                              I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive safely at death...
                                                                              Lou

Comment

• wettou
                                                                                Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2006
                                                                                • 3389

Originally posted by mrciave
                                                                                For anybody asking himself what kind of animal is on top of the Esoteric, that's my pet wombat. Being a 50kg animal, it's there for strict sound quality purposes, it damps out CD vibrations :roll:
                                                                                New Zealander or Australian?

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2004
                                                                                  • 1930

Mr Ciave,
                                                                                  I thought you were being serious at first! But then I realized 50kg is a lot of a wombat. lol

Great setup. Love that Esoteric too!
                                                                                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• TommyV
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2007
                                                                                    • 425

I just upgraded my bedroom setup with some shiny new CM5s. Love the sound.

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2004
                                                                                      • 1216

TommyV,

Very nice and clean. I see what looks like a nice Rotel amp. Which model is that? And what else are you running there?
                                                                                      Last edited by htsteve; 26 May 2010, 12:20 Wednesday.

Comment

• mrciave
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Apr 2010
                                                                                        • 105

Originally posted by wettou
                                                                                        New Zealander or Australian?
                                                                                        From Sidney...

TommyV, great setup. If THAT'S your bedroom, what is in the living room? 5 800Ds???
                                                                                        2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Nov 2004
                                                                                          • 1930

I know, that's a really nice bedroom setup there, Tommy. Is that where you spend most of your time? I love the look of the black gloss CM5's. Every time I see them, I want to replace my bedroom 600 S3's. :B
                                                                                          Great looking setup!
                                                                                          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• TommyV
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Feb 2007
                                                                                            • 425

Thank you for all the nice comments! I did not think I would get much notice seeing all the amazing setups in this thread but I am proud of my little 2ch setup.

Equipment is:
                                                                                            Parasound 2100 pre
                                                                                            Rotel RB-1050
                                                                                            Pioneer BDP-51FD
                                                                                            Sansui TU-517 off to the side you cant see
                                                                                            Panasonic 50" plasma X1 series
                                                                                            B&W ASW 600 (to be replaced by a REL T-series)

I do spend a good amount if time in my Master bedroom and even when friends come over we hang out in there but I also enjoy my 5.1 setup even more often for serious movie/TV watching. It consists mainly of B&W 600 S3 fronts/center/sub with Axiom Qs8 surrounds, Rotel RSP-1069/RMB-1075, Pioneer Kuro Plasma, Pioneer elite BDP, HTPC etc.

Just comparing the CM series when I got them home to the 601 S3s there is so much more detail I am hearing in the discs I had never heard before. Like the Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds BD or Chriss Botti BD sound absolutely magical. I can hears fingers and picks dancing across the strings or the trumpet vibrations when he is hitting certain notes I could not hear before.

Of course the surround system has some major advantages and if I am going to watch a movie with a great sound track I do it up there. Even some concerts like the NIN BD or multi channel SACD is superior in the 5.1 setup.

In my bedroom I am looking at adding a Turntable, probably one of the Pro-ject models and possibly a dedicated CD/SACD player from Marantz. Right now I am just enjoying all my CDs and concert DVD/BDs I have. Love the music :T

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"