Next on the list an HTM1?
    :W ...
    My simple HT setup
    4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• caleb
      • Aug 2004

Lovely setup there.

Just a point - your congas certainly give a nice touch to your room, but you may find that the skins resonate at certain frequencies, if so a cushion on top, or towel draped over them will stop any resonance.

Comment

• JonInRI
        • Jan 2008

Here's a couple quick shots of my new 683's!

- Jon

Comment

• htsteve
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Diamonds plus McIntosh = WOW

All,

The next phase of my major upgrade is now complete. I have the MAC electronics to go with the 802d's and HTM2D (N804's in the rear). Pictures are attached.

First a word about Mac service. I actually received both the amp and AV pre-amp recently. I hooked them up. Things were going well until I tried a source with digital optical inputs. No sound. I tried multiple sources and inputs. No luck. The entire bank was not working. I called Mac. They were very helpful. I did try a system restore. Still didn't work. Needless to say, we (my dealer, Mac and me) were a bit shocked. However, Mac immediately built a new one and sent it out. I have the replacement unit now and everythink is working great.

Initial Impressions.

Video - The Mac does up to 1080i scaling for non HD sources. All HD sources are simply passed through (haven't tested this fully yet, but planning to get a high definition DVD player). It does a very nice job taking the 480i from my DVD player and scaling it. I would call it near HD quality. Good colors and detail.

Sound - simply put, awesome. All areas are outstanding (detail, dynamics, soundstage, depth). The word that came to mind as I was first listening was 'airy'. There was so much 'room' around the instruments playing, it was a revelation. Bass is also particularly tight and deep.

We now listen to more two channel than we ever have before.

Another area that impressed me was pro logic processing. While the new Mac was being built, I ran left-right audio from my Satellite receiver to the pre-amp (since optical wasn't working). It processed it as DPL II. I was impressed by how well separated and full the sound was. Near DD level. Voices came out of the center channel only when it was supposed to come out of the center channel. I did not hear any voices leaking to the left and right speakers.

Obviously, I will be spending more time with all it's capabilities. I've also hooked up my XBOX 360 to this set up. WOW is an understatement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	205 in Box I.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	849863

Name:	205 Top View.jpg
Views:	1294
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	849864

Name:	Mac Stack I.jpg
Views:	1514
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	849865
          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:41 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Vancouver
            is that a display on your wall? Art? what is that?
            Is that a real poncho . . . I mean
            Is that a Mexican poncho or is that a Sears poncho?

Frank Zappa - "Camarillo Brillo"

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by htsteve
              All,

We now listen to more two channel than we ever have before.
              ... Obviously, I will be spending more time with all it's capabilities. I've also hooked up my XBOX 360 to this set up. WOW is an understatement.
              I completely agree with you on this. The better my system got, the more I actually listened to it.
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• tftn
                • Dec 2007

wow, you guys are extremely rich.

Comment

• tftn
                  • Dec 2007

seems most of you just don't care about the vision thing. and invested 10 times more in sound systems than your TVs.

Comment

• audioqueso
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by tftn
                    seems most of you just don't care about the vision thing. and invested 10 times more in sound systems than your TVs.
                    Ha ha ha! Strangely true with half the people here.
                    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Briz vegas
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2005

What the......................!!!!!!!
                      Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                      Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Briz vegas
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Mar 2005

If you include my DVD player as video................yup 10 times.

Its a no brainer, I listen to easily 10 times as much music and have about 25 CDs for every DVD.
                        Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• ssabripo
                          • Dec 2005

how do you figure? are you one of those with size vs quality type of guys?

the day a Projector has the black levels, contrast ratio, IRE performance, skin tone reproduction, accuracy, and processing prowess of say a Pioneer Elite KURO or a Fujistu Aviamo, I'm all over it.

the only thing missing in my "video" setup is size unfortunately....but the day a 65"-70" Kuro comes into the market, i'm good :T
                          My simple HT setup
                          4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• RobP
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Nov 2004

This is too funny :lol: ............... Good one Audioqueso

Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• owl1
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ssabripo
                              how do you figure? are you one of those with size vs quality type of guys?

the day a Projector has the black levels, contrast ratio, IRE performance, skin tone reproduction, accuracy, and processing prowess of say a Pioneer Elite KURO or a Fujistu Aviamo, I'm all over it.

the only thing missing in my "video" setup is size unfortunately....but the day a 65"-70" Kuro comes into the market, i'm good :T
                              Being in FL and near their showroom you may want to check the new Sim2 projectors out as they're pretty worthy. Very good ANSI, saturation, contrast and black levels with the new Darkchip4 equipped model. They kind of make the size vs quality argument a little less relevant. Oh, I like mine just fine... :B

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Soundgravy

lol, thats great :rofl:

Comment

• Ronin
                                  • Jan 2008

Hy!

My setup is:

Front: B&W Nautilus 804 Rear: B&W DM600S3 DVD: Denon DVD3910 Projector: Sony HS50
                                  PreAmp: AQ1 AP1.1 PowerAmp: AQ1 A50.1 Processor: Rotel RSP1066 PowerAmp(surround): Linn LK85
                                  iPod: Touch 16Gb SpeakerCable: Xindak FS2 XLR: AQ1 ConneSt OtherCable: Diy, Hamma

I want to change my 804 to 802D. I want to ask you, that what is your oponion, it's not too big in my room? I like 802D's sound, but I worry about his size... 8O

Sorry for my english... ops:

Comment

• audioqueso
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2004

Nice setup Ronin. I've seen your table setup before at the stores (regular table plus step table), but it's the first time I've seen anyone use it nicely. To me, it usually looks weird at the store. But it matches very nicely! That 300 scene looks sweet that large!

Comment

• Ronin
                                      • Jan 2008

Thx

The table is my own idea. I don't know, that it is alredy exists. Before I give my plan to carpenter, I made it in 3DsMax.
                                      anyway, It cost is about 200.000HUF (~800Euro)

(the plan is little lame, but when I made it, I was just 17years old. )

Comment

• lvhung
                                        • Jun 2005

I think you should upgarde your 1066 processor
                                        I t look weird in your glamour sys

Comment

• Ronin
                                          • Jan 2008

And what about the 802Ds? It's too big, or not?

My room size is 32m2, but it's L structure. Where my system is, that just 17-18m2. The walls are plasterboard, and behind there is a 70cm deep line, then the real wall. Clear?

Comment

• Ronin
                                            • Jan 2008

I thinking that I sell my processor, surround amp, and surrond speakers, and buy a Linn AXIS LP, with Benz ACE H pickup. I don't know, that necessary for my the surrond sound. Important is the music quality, and the big screen. :B

Originally posted by lvhung
                                            I think you should upgarde your 1066 processor
                                            I t look weird in your glamour sys

Comment

• audioqueso
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Ronin
                                              Thx
                                              The table is my own idea. I don't know, that it is alredy exists. Before I give my plan to carpenter, I made it in 3DsMax.
                                              Well, if you are... it's been copied and out in the known. ha ha
                                              Yeah, most of the furniture stores (at least here in Japan) have that same design. Different colors and such.

I think you should not change the 804s. To me, the room is too small to take advantage of the 802D. If you plan on moving someday, start building up the rest of your system to support the 802D. That way your 804 will sound at their best now, and if you move somewhere that the 802D will do justice, your equipment will already be up to par.

Comment

• Ronin
                                                • Jan 2008

I would like to upgrade my speakers. If the 802D is too large, that I choose the 803Ds. I love the BW sound character, but the N804 is not a best BW speaker ever (in this size). 804S is much better, but It's small for me too (scant bass). I think the 803D and 802D are not so different, but 802D has a fantastic deep bass. Unfortunatly I can't try that speakers at home (and I would like to buy it for germany, so...). I don't know, what should I do (802D or 803D).

Anyway, I think my system is ready for 802 or 803. My amplifier is very good. It's a Hungarian product and it's super. ClassA (preamp too), 2x50W, Dualmono, symmetrical build-up (XLR), 2KW torroid power supply. This buildup is like PassLabs Aleph. I love much better this amp, like ML, or Linn.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Mar 2005

With a screen like that how can you not have a full 5.1?

I like the setup!
                                                  B&W

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Mar 2005

I tend to agree with Ronin. Full surround is nice but a big picture (even from a modest older projector like mine) and good two channel are preferable. That being said a center channel helps movies alot. I always drag mine out for movies (less between the speakers is my preference for all other times)

Thats a nice projected image particularly given it is in a lit room. I still love my humble projector. Standard definition, ordinary black levels, pixel structure - its all forgotten as soon as the movie starts.

RE 802D, if you can afford them grab them. When I win lotto I might just join you. On the other hand you already have a beautiful setup so it is more about icing on the cake. I am sure that interior designers would be torn 50 50 on that decision based on elegant minimalism vs elegant curves.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Soundgravy

I just read that. I love this picture.
                                                      :B :B :B

Comment

• Ronin
                                                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
                                                        With a screen like that how can you not have a full 5.1?

I like the setup!

Thx!

Because It's unnecessary. It's not better, if there is center, or there isn't.

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Ronin
                                                          Thx!

Because It's unnecessary. It's not better, if there is center, or there isn't.
                                                          It looks like it is going to be a bit difficult integrating a centre channel into that stand. I would go for the 802D and use a phantom centre.
                                                          Last edited by Mark-n-b; 27 January 2008, 17:32 Sunday.

Comment

• Aldo
                                                            • Sep 2005

802D's are not big for you room! They are just fine, and you will notice huge improvement!

Comment

• f77
                                                              • Jan 2008

Interesting you mentioned Thule... Thule + B&W is one of the magic combinations in hifi, to my ears. Get a 150b (NOT lower) if you can find one. Or one of the bigger ones of course.

Comment

• Gremal
                                                                • Apr 2007

New setup with 802D and 5010 kuro

Image not available

Wish I could upgrade the HTM1 to the HTM1D, but can't afford to right now.
                                                                Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:30 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link
                                                                Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
                                                                Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
                                                                B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
                                                                VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
                                                                Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• georgev
                                                                  • Jul 2004

At Last

Finally moved into my new home and set up the new rooms.
                                                                  My subs(Paradigm Servo15's) are missing as they blew when I first fired them up in the new home.
                                                                  The stands for the 803'ds are made locally here and I must say are a treat. So is the stand for the Levinson system.
                                                                  Still not sure about the colour of the walls above the wood in the cinema.
                                                                  Comments/Thoughts/Suggestions?

Name:	Theatre Front.jpg
Views:	3164
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	849925

Name:	Theatre rear.jpg
Views:	2601
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	849926

Name:	Chill Room.jpg
Views:	3846
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	849927

Name:	Equipment Room.jpg
Views:	2245
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	849928

Name:	Family Room.jpg
Views:	2732
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	849929
                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:31 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Mar 2005

I agree about the wall colour in the cinema. Its a dedicated room so get a nice dark colour in there. I would also sacrifice some of the width between the 803Ds to suit your screen size more and put them further away from the side walls.

I would pull those 802Ds out by a foot or two and get a rug in front of them on the floor.

Other than that there is plenty to like. Very nice gear, enjoy !

Comment

• georgev
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jul 2004

Thanks for the suggestions.
                                                                      Am awaiting the return of my subs who go b/w the L&R. Then I will be able to bring them in a bit more.
                                                                      Alas they are not 802d's but 802's(no slouches though).
                                                                      Still lots of furnishing and curtaining to do.

Comment

• AlexDSL
                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2008

Hello,

This is my first post. ops:

Here is my (little) B&W set-up, I'm lovin it ! ;x(
                                                                        • Sherwood Newcastle R-756
                                                                        • Rotel RB-981
                                                                        • B&W DM603 S3
                                                                        • B&W DM601 S3
                                                                        • B&W LCR600 S3
                                                                        • B&W ASW675
                                                                        • Rotel RCD-1072
                                                                        • Denon DVD-2200
                                                                        • Philips Cineos 32PF9966/10

Comments are welcome !

Alex

Comment

• Mark-n-b
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by AlexDSL
                                                                          Hello,

This is my first post. ops:

Here is my (little) B&W set-up, I'm lovin it ! ;x(
                                                                          • Sherwood Newcastle R-756
                                                                          • Rotel RB-981
                                                                          • B&W DM603 S3
                                                                          • B&W DM601 S3
                                                                          • B&W LCR600 S3
                                                                          • B&W ASW675
                                                                          • Rotel RCD-1072
                                                                          • Denon DVD-2200
                                                                          • Philips Cineos 32PF9966/10

Comments are welcome !

Alex
                                                                          I love the setup Alex - the light from behind the screen - is this from the screen itself? Another thing - lets see a photo with the covers off!

Welcome by the way!

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Apr 2007
                                                                            • 52

Burn-in my new PMA-2000IVR :E

"Luke Skywalker Experience"

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• skuzzyb
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Mar 2006
                                                                              • 106

Nice set up

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                                                                              I agree about the wall colour in the cinema. Its a dedicated room so get a nice dark colour in there. I would also sacrifice some of the width between the 803Ds to suit your screen size more and put them further away from the side walls.

I would pull those 802Ds out by a foot or two and get a rug in front of them on the floor.

Other than that there is plenty to like. Very nice gear, enjoy !
                                                                              I agree with Briz vegas, with those timber floors you will have a lot of unwanted reflections that will need some absorbtion to help tame the sound. I too think that a darker colour would work better as you would have less stray light around the room when you fire up your projector. Do not know what the light output nor the contrast ratio but the less reflections apart from the screen the better.

Great stuff. Especially in Jo'burg.

SKZ

Comment

• Ronin
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Jan 2008
                                                                                • 20

Hy!

My LP12 arrived. I already love it!

Images not available
                                                                                Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:32 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• Ronin
                                                                                  Junior Member
                                                                                  • Jan 2008
                                                                                  • 20

again

again...

Images not available
                                                                                  Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:33 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image links

Comment

• Ronin
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2008
                                                                                    • 20

It's Linn LP12 (15 years ago, but excellent condition), with ITTOK LVII arm, Benz Ace pickup, Lingo , BlueNote phono. If i buy a new, like this one, that I should pay about 10.000$...

Comment

• Pedro
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Jan 2006
                                                                                      • 303

Originally posted by Luke Skywalker
                                                                                      Burn-in my new PMA-2000IVR
                                                                                      Freewheel Burning :lol:

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2005
                                                                                        • 1199

Lookin' good Ronin !

We had (may still have) a linn LP12 available secondhand at a hifi shop down the road for about $4K but I would have no idea how good it is (vs other 12s) I was tempted but decided it was not for me as my 20 year old albums reflect my taste 20 years ago :roll: and the cats would try and sit on it (as they do with my Naim CD 5x and everything else).

Great tweek to try! Use a pair of Siamese (3.5kg and a 4.5kg) try various combinations to address component resonances and room response. Use twomoggies to hold down temporary room treatments and provide additional damping characteristics, a rattling sub is easily corrected, DVD player sound much better if you use two cats. and try different seating position for different speakers (I find crouching works with the 705 while a taller profile is better for the 804).

Why are there men in white coats standing at the door.............what do they want ...................... sectioned?

Name:	Picture 007.jpg
Views:	1908
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	849954

Name:	Picture 002.jpg
Views:	2121
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	849955

Name:	Picture 003.jpg
Views:	1954
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	849956

Name:	Picture 008.jpg
Views:	1889
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	849957

Name:	Picture 009.jpg
Views:	2009
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	849958
                                                                                        Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:34 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• corbelli
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • Jul 2006
                                                                                          • 29

My new pair of B&W801D:

Image not available

I´m waiting for a pair of Electrocompaniet NEMO monoblocks amplifiers...

Any information or experience about this monoblocks?

Thanks in advance. Daniel
                                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:35 Tuesday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• wackydesigner
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Dec 2006
                                                                                            • 16

804n

Here is my setup (in a dedicated music room). After many setup types, I moved on to tubes and am never switching back. I can't describe to you how silky, warm and lush tube sound is. Makes me want to cry every time.

Speakers: 804n
                                                                                            Integrated Amp: TAD 60
                                                                                            CD Player- Jolida JD 100A
                                                                                            Interconnects/Cables: Transparent Audio

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2926
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	849972

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1833
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	849973
                                                                                            Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 13:35 Tuesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"