X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b&Wman
    • Nov 2004

Sub with B&W 803s?

I'm planning on getting the new B&W 803S when they come out. Currently, I'm using CDM 1NT's as mains coupled with a sub. I'm sure the 803S will sound much better than the CDM 1NTs when I get them. I'm using a much cheaper sub (Polk PSW 650) which is fine for movies but not great for music. Due to my current system configuration, the bass frequencies are definitely attenuated when listening to music (but not movies) as they are processed differently.
    I was wondering if a sub is absolutely necessary when listening to music. I'll use my sub for movies, but my room isn't too large, so I really don't think it'll be necessary. Any thoughts on this?
  • Phil Rose
    • Aug 2000

If your room isn't too big I'd certianly try to avoid using a sub with the 803's for music. It is just one more component to try and integrate with your main speakers and the chances are that you'll have issues getting things just right. Also, in a smaller room you might have issues with too much output from the 803's woofers. So, I'd recommed trying the 803's by themselves and then deciding what direction to go and try to save the sub for movies only.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"