X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • springer49
    • Oct 2004

what kind of power for my rear B&W 805's

I am fairly new to the guide but I have been reading many of the posts and they have been very influential in most of my choices, with that being said,hopefully soon I will be able to move my 805's to the rear and replace them with 804's. I am currently powering the front three speakers with a Earthquake Cinenova 3 channel, my middle being a HTM1. what and how much power should I have for the rears. I am thinking of either Parasound A23 or A21 or a Rotel 1080.
    I listen to a 50% dvd-audio so I feel some power is necessary. I would like to hear from the resident experts and I thank you in advance.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Did you ever think of trading in your Earthquake Cinenova 3 for the 5? That would be your best option, that way you are using the same amp for all speakers...and it's one HECK of an amp at that!

The Parasound or Rotel will both work well, but you aren't pushing as much wattage as the EC 3... For the price you could get for the EC 3, I bet an EC 5 wouldn't be much more.... ??
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• jimmyp58
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

...of if you like your EC3, buy another one. You'll have an open channel but that could be used someday for center back duties or a passive sub. That way you would have everything the same all around.

Jim
      jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• springer49
        • Oct 2004

sometimes the obvious is right it front of your face. Thanks for the good advice. I think I will check out the price on some other EC3 or EC5's

Comment

• junior77blue
          • Nov 2004

EC5 would make great for 8 channel audio...if and when that ever happens....and if your willing to add additional speakers.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"