Has anyone tried Earthquake cinenovaw/ B&W 803s or similar?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Has anyone tried Earthquake cinenovaw/ B&W 803s or similar?

I currently run the rotel 1095 in my ht setup with my 803s and htm1s. Would earthquake cinenova be a downgrade? They look like crap. But, I keep hearing about them.
    Stew
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

There are a few members here at HT Guide that while really liking their Rotel 1095 mated with their B&W speakers have switched to the Grande 5 and found it to be an astonishing upgrade.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• rich0372
      • Jul 2004

Srewfoo I just got a cinenova grande5 from Jimmy58 I had a Rotel rb1080 2 channel thee difference I noticed in 2 channel music listening was the cinenova was more laid back and kind of nuetral where as the rotel is more forward I am working on a a/b test I will post my results when finished (I have Klipsch reference speakers not b&w)
      if you decide to purchase a cinenova contact Jimmy58 at Next Level the prices are right and Jimmy is honest and professional Rich

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Stewfoo,

Try a post at Club B&W - we have a few happy members with the Earthquake and 800 series who could help...

Geoff

Comment

• sikoniko
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

I have the cinnenova grande 5. I am currently using it with N804's. This time next week I will be using it with N802's.

My opinion is that the cinnenova grande 5 is the biggest, ugliest box that I dont know where to put.

now, that that is aside, It is an amazing sounding amp at a very good price and I highly recommend it over anything comparable or higher price. buy this amp and save some money to invest somewhere else in your system. the price/ quality outweighs anything in its class.

now, if you have something like 800D's, you should get classe omega monoblocks...
          I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• springer49
            • Oct 2004

I am running the Earthquake 3 Channel with 803D's and the HTM3S and I am loving every minute of it. Plenty of tight bass and the diamond tweeters sound incredible. I know I may get criticized for using the HTM3S with the 803D's but I think it sounds phenominal in DVD-Audio and SACD. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Adz
              • Jan 2004

I have the CineNova 5 channel Amp which replaced my annoying Rotel 1095. Difference? Tons of friggin' power. And it sounds pretty darn good too! Talk to a rep at Next Level AV (a Forum sponsor).
              Adz

Comment

• mitch57
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Adz
                I have the CineNova 5 channel Amp which replaced my annoying Rotel 1095. Difference? Tons of friggin' power. And it sounds pretty darn good too! Talk to a rep at Next Level AV (a Forum sponsor).
                What kind of problems were you having with your Rotel 1095?
                Mitch
                :stupidpc:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Likely ground loop hum as its not uncommon with the 1095.

Comment

• eddiem67
                    • Jun 2004

Cinenova Grande 5 are awesome, and for $2150 you cant go wrong.
                    My Car Audio

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

There's also some sweet deals on the Cinenova's at the moment :yesnod:

Comment

• stewfoo
                        • Jul 2005

But, are the Cinenovas BETTER than the rotel 1095????? Worth the change or not????
                        Stew

Comment

• jimmyp58
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Aug 2003

Better is a tough thing to described in all honesty. For example, many folks lust to have a Bryston amp and feel it is an upgrade over a Rotel. Yet there are a host of Rotel owners that have compared Rotel amps to Bryston amps and feel Rotel's are better. The same can be said for speakers. There are a lot of folks that love Klipsch speakers. I loathe their sound but it really doesn't mean anything other than I don't like the sound of Klipsch speakers; doesn't mean they're bad nor does it mean that Klipsch speakers are better than anything else available.

It is always good, whenever possible, to do an a/b for yourself. While there are many folks that have found the CineNova amps 'better' than Rotel all it means is for 'them' it is better. I'd try to take in a listen for yourself to compare the two.
                          jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• eddiem67
                            • Jun 2004

Better as in quality? I mean both are made in china, I know the Earthquakes stay very cool, but they are HUGE! I run it with my Bryston and they blend very well together, you can run em down to 2 ohm loads which is a definite plus if you can find a speaker that runs at that impedance. If you in the bay area you are more than welcome to come listen to them. I have a set of klipsch KLF30's, Canton Ventos, Onix RS250MKII, and Reference 3's to listen to (I have an understanding wife that knows I am a sick person).
                            My Car Audio

Comment

• kgt
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by rich0372
                              Srewfoo I just got a cinenova grande5 from Jimmy58 I had a Rotel rb1080 2 channel thee difference I noticed in 2 channel music listening was the cinenova was more laid back and kind of nuetral where as the rotel is more forward I am working on a a/b test I will post my results when finished (I have Klipsch reference speakers not b&w)
                              if you decide to purchase a cinenova contact Jimmy58 at Next Level the prices are right and Jimmy is honest and professional Rich
                              How can I get in touch with Jimmy58 from Next Level?

Thanks

Comment

• Chris D
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Dec 2000

Ummm... I think that's Jim Piscatello, who passed away about 3 months ago or so. Very sad.
                                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"