X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earendil
    • Apr 2005

804s with HTM2?

Hi all:

I'm going to buy the new 804s, and the dealer has offered me an unit of the older HTM2 really cheap (half the price of the new HTM4s). Would be a good match with the new series?.
    Would you buy it?. I was planning to buy the new one, but now i'm not sure...

I know the perfect match with 804s would be the HTM3s, but it's way too big and i can place it in my room.

Thx for your help. Any comments will be appreciated
  • RobP
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Hello, I would wait and get the larger unit, The 804's use the FST midrange and the HTM2 does not, Right after I got my 803's I used my HTM2 for about a week and sold it and got the HTM1. All the front stage should match.
    Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Jeff
      • Dec 2004

I'd have to agree with soundgravy. One of the great things about the Nautilus series is the FST midrange.
      I almost didn't purchase the HTM1 due to cost and size. But now that I did, I have zero regrets

As a side note. All those old movies which can only be played in pro logic sound much better. If you recall, pro logic sends a lot of information to the center speaker when compared to the 5.1 formats. Thus, you'll reap an extra reward by having the FST midrange in your center channel.

Jeff

Comment

• weijst
        • Jun 2004

With a HTM2 for half the price of a new HTM4S, I'd say get it for now! Ofcourse the perfect match would be the HTM3S, but since you were planning on getting the HTM4S (which isn't the perfect match for the 804S either), why not just take the HTM2 (which does not differ THAT much from a HTM4S), save yourself some money and start saving for the HTM3S? Once you have enough cash for it, you won't lose a lot of money when selling your HTM2, as you already got it for a very reasonable price...

FYI: I had a HTM2 paired with a couple of N804 and it sounded amazing!
        Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• Earendil
          • Apr 2005

804s with HTM2?

First of all, thx for all your comments.

As i said, i know the best match for the 804s is the HTM3, but that "monster" is too big. No way i can place it in my room, unless i change all the distribution and "that's not going to happen, my friend" (that's my wife talking :B ).
          Trust me, i've tried everything, but she is right... :M
          So, i have to stick with the HTM2/4.

Weijst, thx for your opinion, you make me happy saying that 804 with HTM2 sounded amazing. I think i'm gonna take the deal.

Thank you again for your help. :T

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"