X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kylek100
    • Jun 2005

HTM2 vs. HTM4s

Right now, I've got an HTM7 center. I paid about 750 for it I believe. I am going to be upgrading my 602 S3's to 805S in about a month. I like my HTM7, but i notice areas of improvement in the sound, and I realized that for only maybe 500 bucks extra I could trade in for an HTM4S which I hear is a significant improvement. Is this true? Second of all, it appears that the NHTM2 retailed for only 1000, 300 less than the 4S. On audiogon the HTM2 is going for roughly 700 bucks. I think I could get about 500-550 out of my HTM7. Would I be better off paying the 550 bucks to trade in for the HTM4S? Or for only 200, selling my HTM7 privately and buying a used HTM2? I won't be able to listen to an HTM2 as it's discontinued, so any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Denon 3805
    B&W 805S
    B&W 601 S3
    B&W HTM7
    Velodyne Digital Drive 12
    AudioQuest Clear 2 Hyperlitz
    AudioQuest Emerald Hyperlitz interconnects
  • weijst
    • Jun 2004

805S => HTM4S...
    In the long run, $ 350 (550-200) is nothing... Than again, I can not look into your wallet...

BTW: I had the HTM7 and now have the Nautilus HTM2. Definitely an improvement there!
    Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Do not pair the HTM2 with the 805Ss. Use the HTM4S that is designed for it. Time coherence (phase response) is vastly different between the two speakers.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"