X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

New Center for 703 owners???

It very exciting to hear about the Nautilus series upgrades coming in 2005. Just wonderin' if B&W's gonna show a little love to us 700 series owners as well. I'm hoping they'll have an HTM1 sized center for 703 owners like me. Anyone have any information on this? Thanks!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Eamin,

The last I recall was B&W owning up that:

They had lots of request for a 700 series centre with the FST midrange and could see the need, but it was a matter of fitting it into to their R&D plans as they had a fair bit on
    I guess we now know what the fair bit on was (FPMs and Series 2 Nautilus). I'd say it would just be a matter of time then -but who knows if it is 1 month or a year...

Geoff

Comment

• tommy_sn
      • Nov 2004

They have no plans for a new center in the 700-series..
      The plans were dropped... :cry:

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Tommy sn,

Who said that to you? A sales guy in the B&W store? If so - take it with a pinch of salt - we need to remember that days before the new B&W 800 series announcement they were saying "there was no new Nautilus series before 2006"... They (very understandably) need customers to buy what they have rather than be always waiting for the next model that isn't even announced yet....

However - I would say B&W's "dance card is full" for new products for the next few months so if they release new models in the 700 series it may not be fore a few months (e.g. mid 2005)

Geoff

Comment

• tommy_sn
          • Nov 2004

I sent a mail to B&W and the answear was:

I regret to inform you that there are no plans to release a larger centre channel in the 700 series now or in the future.

Maybe on the 700 series update, but that is many years from now...

Think that speaks for itself..

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2003

Tommy,

Interesting (and a little disappointing) - thanks...

Mind you I got an Email from B&W about a year go about there being "no definite plans for an upgrade to the 800 series..." very carefully worded in retrospect - really meant that they hadn't picked the release date! They don't lie but they (understandably) don't give much away about their plans...

On the same note I'd take the "many years" in their response as 2 or more - so that would be 2006 at the earliest...

Time will tell...

Geoff

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"