X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

I want my HDTV!

It's a shame that our local area broadcasters are dragging their feet on their digital and HD broadcasting. In our rural area the analog signal is poor even with a good rooftop antenna and amplifier. The one local network broadcaster that is offering DTV in my area has a limited signal that only reaches out about 5-10 miles. Obviously I can't lock onto their signal nor can many others.

Are you experiencing the same problems? Are your local area broadcasters dragging their feet in offering you DTV and HDTV.

If you are then there is a website for you to help. There is a bill before Congress that can help all of us that can't receive DTV and HDTV.

Please check it out:

• Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Hey Sonnie, I just wish my cable provide would provide me mnore HD channels. 6 channels with usaually 2 playing the same networks is pathetic. :M
    Bing

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The Bell ExpressVu Bird has 20 channels available which includes
      the networks east and west feeds. A couple of Toronto stations (CTV)
      We also get Discovery and TSN.
      Can't wait also for OTA broadcasting as the Toshiba HX93 has
      a built in tuner to receive them.
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
        • Jan 2002

If this bill passes then we'll have HD on all the networks up until our local broadcasters get off their duff and get DTV going... but then it's up to them to pass through the HD feed from the networks.

Our locals were all pretty much scheduled for early last year but only one has come through... ABC... but they only transmit a lousy 5.8kw. If I was within 5-10 miles of the tower that is 45-50 miles away then I could receive it. They are only required to broadcast at this limited strength for now. If they knew satellite was offering HD via the networks then I bet they'd all get busy and broadcast at full strength.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"