Home Theater for One

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 3815

    #1

    Home Theater for One

    Sometimes an earth-shaking home theater setup just won’t do. A speaker enclosure can only fill the average sized room with so much sound. [Kevin Bastyr] has figured out a way around this. Do away w…


    Not sure about this guy's implementation, but it's a very interesting concept. If you make the room smaller, you don't have nearly as much air to move around. It's almost like a halfway point between a full fledged HT in a room vs headphones. Would be sweet to make it for two, especially if you have an apartment or not enough room for a full HT.

    -Chuck
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006
    • 5674

    #2
    Brings a whole new meaning to the term, "Home Theater in a BOX".
    _


    Bill

    Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

    FinleyAudio

    Comment

    • Chris D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2000
      • 16875

      #3
      I think the acoustics will be way off. Very directionalized sound, strange reverbs.
      CHRIS

      Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

      Comment

      • impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 3815

        #4
        Originally posted by wkhanna
        Brings a whole new meaning to the term, "Home Theater in a BOX".
        :rofl:
        -Chuck

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • Chris D
          You can now have an official IMAX theater in your house!
          by Chris D
          This is so cool. If I had the money, I'd certainly do it myself. And notice the part where you can even get licensed for same-day theater film releases. Why go to the local megaplex, stand in line, borrow cheap 3D glasses, and have sub-standard snacks in mediocre seats to watch the latest release,...
          08 June 2013, 18:46 Saturday
        • Chris D
          New Battlestar Galactica Spinoff 2013
          by Chris D
          When the new BSG came out several years ago, I really enjoyed it, but then was not able to watch the last few seasons. I caught some of Caprica, which wasn't too bad. Then for this past Christmas, family gave me the entire new BSG on Blu Ray. I've really been eating it up, revisiting how good it...
          23 January 2013, 00:57 Wednesday
        • Andrew Pratt
          MP3's on a home LAN
          by Andrew Pratt
          Converting CDs to MP3s
          By JIM CARROLL -- CNEWS Tech News


          My eight-year-old happens to think that CDs are from the "olden- days."

          Not surprising, given that in this household, most of the 1,000 or so CDs that I own sit on a shelf, serving as nothing...
          19 February 2002, 16:40 Tuesday
        • bigburner
          The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun, Hyde Park Live [Blu-ray] (2013)
          by bigburner
          44 years to the day after they first played in Hyde Park (London) The Rolling Stones have returned to give us a remarkable concert at the same location on a blissful London Spring afternoon/evening. I know what London weather is like and on days like this there is no better place in the world to be....
          02 December 2013, 06:31 Monday
        • Chris D
          What's up with Blockbuster @ Home?
          by Chris D
          I just got this E-mail from Dish Network:




          Grrrrr... I'm going to be hard pressed now to keep my Blockbuster @ Home subscription. I realize that most of you guys don't still do stuff like this, much less specifically Blockbuster @ Home, (and most of you no longer...
          17 September 2013, 19:57 Tuesday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"