• Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

What's up with Blockbuster @ Home?

I just got this E-mail from Dish Network:

Dear Dish Network Customer,

As of September 19, 2013, Blockbuster @Home™ will no longer include DVDs or games by mail. We recognize that this is an inconvenience, so the by-mail DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ that you have at home on 9/19/13 will be yours to keep. Please keep in mind that this does not include in-store exchanges or titles that have not yet shipped.

Also for your inconvenience, starting on 9/20/13 you will receive two free Pay-Per-View certificates per month for the next three months. An email will be sent to you every month at the time of issuance. To use your Pay-Per-View certificates, please visit mydish.com/myppv.

The Blockbuster @Home package continues to bring you the best in movies with 21 great channels, including:
    • EPIX® (channels 380-382)
    • STARZ® Cinema (channel 353)
    • Sony Movie Channel (channel 386)
    • Hallmark Movie Channel (channel 187)

In addition, access thousands of movies On Demand by watching on your computer or favorite device with dishanywhere.com or the free DISH Anywhere™ app. The titles below are just a few examples of what is offered with your subscription.
    Grrrrr... I'm going to be hard pressed now to keep my Blockbuster @ Home subscription. I realize that most of you guys don't still do stuff like this, much less specifically Blockbuster @ Home, (and most of you no longer have local Blockbuster stores) but I still find it very useful to get discs by mail and be able to return them when I want. It was extra nice for me to be able to take my Blockbuster mailed movie back to my local store for a free swap-out, too.

Strange the way this is happening. They're going to just let me keep the disc I have at home, which for me is the classic "Best Years of our Lives" that they just shipped to me. Unless I find the movie fantastic, though, (never seen it) it'll probably be worth it to me to just swap it out at my local store for a free new release rental on BD, to save the $4 rental fee, unless the store doesn't let me. I have gone to the Blockbuster website where I manage my rental queue, and they don't mention anything about all this, so we'll see how it plays out.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I haven't gone the mail route on rentals. There is a great ma and pop video outlet locally that has pretty much filled the void left by our local Blockbuster. I still enjoy browsing the new releases.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

The slow death of physical media takes another blow....
      Jason

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"