The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun, Hyde Park Live [Blu-ray] (2013)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

The Rolling Stones - Sweet Summer Sun, Hyde Park Live [Blu-ray] (2013)

44 years to the day after they first played in Hyde Park (London) The Rolling Stones have returned to give us a remarkable concert at the same location on a blissful London Spring afternoon/evening. I know what London weather is like and on days like this there is no better place in the world to be. The difference this time is they have about 10,000 times the wattage they had last time and a professional production team that could make any old sow's ear look like a silk purse.

For the last 10 years I've had a love / hate relationship with The Rolling Stones - mainly hate due to their merciless re-hashing of old material - but all is forgiven after watching this concert. Mick Jagger's performance is outstanding.

If you want to see what state-of-the-art rock concert presentation on Blu-ray looks like in 2013 then go no further than this title. OK, I could criticise some aspects - for example the overly fast cutaways - but overall this Blu-ray provides 2 hours of amazing audio video music entertainment. My voice is hoarse from singing along to all the wonderful songs.

By the way, Mick Taylor makes an excellent cameo appearance on a nice long version of Midnight Rambler. 44 years ago to the day Mick made his debut with the band after the tragic death of Brian Jones.

London is the home town for The Rolling Stones and this is a concert that is significant for all involved. It shows.

Nigel.
    Attached Files
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Ah man....

Thanks for the heads-up Nigel!

Have ordered and will hope that it lands before Christmas or very soon thereafter.
    I have a strong feel that this disc together with the 2013 Crossroads one are going to be played to death.
    Bring it on!!!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"