3D Printed Dodecahedron Speaker

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007
    • 3815

    #1

    3D Printed Dodecahedron Speaker

    Really neat project and I'm really curious how it would sound.
    http://makezine.com/projects/dodecah...p-3d-printers/



    -Chuck
  • madmac
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 3122

    #2
    Very spacious no doubt!!. Forget about imaging though!!.
    Dan Madden :T

    Comment

    • aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003
      • 16706

      #3
      That's pretty cool! I'd love to hear a review etc of them...wonder how it would scale up with say 5.25" drivers or something...? :drool:
      Jason

      Comment

      • JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000
        • 16174

        #4
        Worked with a guy who built and sold dodecahedrons shaped like that using the CTS Bose drivers, back in the mid 70's. They basically sounded like Bose 901, if you could come up with an equalizer box. The individual plates were cut from veneered MDF and glued together with Titebond.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

        SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

        In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub


        Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        • Lee O
          1055 vs HK 525 Need help
          by Lee O
          I was all set to get a HK 525,Reasons were Logic 7, Bass Management for SACD/DVDa decent power.After reading Ive found HK has service issues.My next choice is the Rotel 1055.However I will be giving up L7 and BM one the 5.1 inputs and paying more..Is there a big diffrence in PL2 and logic 7?Also I will...
          22 January 2003, 17:54 Wednesday
        • pcmofo
          Custom 2.1 computer speaker system. Need help with design.
          by pcmofo
          I want to build a computer desk for my MacBook Pro that has an "Apple" theme to it, if you have ever visited an Apple store you will know the large, blocky, light colored wood desks that all of the Mac's sit on. As I was designing the "perfect" desk to hold my laptop, monitor, keyboard...
          14 April 2010, 14:30 Wednesday
        • augerpro
          Listening impressions of some interesting drivers
          by augerpro
          Hey everyone, long time no see!! A friend of mine is outfitting a home theater and the speakers are falling to me to decide. Given the budget and goals we have settled on going with bookshelf size speakers all around, matched to 3 or 4 Peerless XLS 12" subs. So I rounded up some drivers and set...
          27 December 2013, 19:47 Friday
        • Susan
          AV Goody Places in San Diego?
          by Susan
          Gotta fly out to San Diego for 5 days..any neat goody places out there? I want the mid to upper end goodies! Ready for a good drool session...
          Susan
          13 March 2001, 02:25 Tuesday
        • Mandroid
          Getting Ready for a Finalists Build
          by Mandroid
          I have been tossing around the idea of building a pair of good speakers for many months now, but had not been able to decide what I wanted...then recently I saw the plans for the Finalists. The near/far wall option, high quality mid, and crossover that doesn't cost as much as the rest of the project...
          03 March 2013, 10:33 Sunday
        • Loading...
        • No more items.
        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"