thank you canada:

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • theblue
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 116

    #1

    thank you canada:

    for this gift to the audio world:



    can anybody think of a functional use for this?
    Marantz SR5002 (music fed by apple airport express via optical)
    rotel RB-985 THX (4 channels bipowering fronts, 1 for the center)
    B&W - 683, CDM-CNT, CDS3 (sides), DM601 (rears)
    a combo of haveflex and audioquest cables.
  • Chris D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2000
    • 16875

    #2
    Well, DUH! Of course, it's for the times where you need to plug a 3.5mm plug into a 3.5mm jack. How else would you do it?

    :rofl:
    CHRIS

    Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

    Comment

    • aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003
      • 16706

      #3
      Must have been made by someone in Saskatchewan :lol:
      Jason

      Comment

      • Bent
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2003
        • 1573

        #4
        Nope - if it was Sask, it would be a 3.5mm to SHEEP adapter.

        I'm thinking this one is from Newfoundland.

        Comment

        • P-Dub
          Office Moderator
          • Aug 2000
          • 6766

          #5
          Gonna put my vote in for Quebec. :B

          Well there is a functional use, just not a very smart use.

          Only time I can think of using this if I need that extra bit of extension, but don't want to have extra cord laying around.

          Or if you just want a 'gold' plated connection to your component, this it really the only way.
          Paul

          There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

          Comment

          • Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005
            • 1792

            #6
            Monster Cable.

            enough said.

            Comment

            • Chris D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Dec 2000
              • 16875

              #7
              Nolan, that will be the standard $5 "speak the holy name" copyright fee, payable direct to Noel Lee.

              Please send in your payment immediately, or suffer the wrath of Monstrrrrrrr lawers.

              CHRIS

              Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

              Comment

              • Gianluca
                Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 90

                #8
                I'm from Quebec and I have the patent... :P

                Luca
                Sharp Aquos 40" 1080P| Rotel RSX 1056 | Classé CA-150 | Oppo BDP-83 | PS3 | APC H15 | B&W 603 S3 | B&W LCR 600 S3 | B&W 602 S3 | Sunfire True Sub Signature |

                Comment

                • stuofsci02
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 1241

                  #9
                  This is quite clearly and audio condom... If I am using someone elses equipment I don't wan't my 3.5mm male stereo connector touching their 3.5 mm female adapter what other choice do I have?

                  Always use protection!
                  Main System:
                  B&W 801D
                  Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                  Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                  Oppo BDP-105
                  Squeezebox Touch


                  Second System:
                  B&W CM7
                  Emotiva UMC-1
                  Emotiva UPA-2
                  Oppo BDP-83SE
                  Grant Fidelity DAC-09

                  Comment

                  • Space
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 118

                    #10
                    Originally posted by stuofsci02
                    This is quite clearly and audio condom... If I am using someone elses equipment I don't wan't my 3.5mm male stereo connector touching their 3.5 mm female adapter what other choice do I have?
                    Ha! Good one.

                    Comment

                    • Alloroc
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 2580

                      #11
                      Originally posted by stuofsci02
                      This is quite clearly and audio condom... If I am using someone elses equipment I don't wan't my 3.5mm male stereo connector touching their 3.5 mm female adapter what other choice do I have?

                      Always use protection!
                      Odd, it looks like that new IEEE Profil/AXIS standard they're all talking about.
                      Vincent.

                      I don't want the world. I just want your half.

                      Comment

                      • David Meek
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Aug 2000
                        • 8934

                        #12
                        Originally posted by stuofsci02
                        This is quite clearly and audio condom... If I am using someone elses equipment I don't wan't my 3.5mm male stereo connector touching their 3.5 mm female adapter what other choice do I have?
                        Uh, abstinence? :B
                        .

                        David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

                        Comment

                        • Chris D
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Dec 2000
                          • 16875

                          #13
                          Hmmm... so the message is, "if no condom, just go wireless"???
                          CHRIS

                          Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

                          Comment

                          • Kevin P
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • Aug 2000
                            • 10812

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Chris D
                            Hmmm... so the message is, "if no condom, just go wireless"???
                            :lol: That reminds me of something some clueless college girl asked me one time when she was asking about computer viruses: "Can I avoid getting a virus if I use wireless?" 8O

                            Comment

                            • krips
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 264

                              #15
                              Originally posted by aud19
                              Must have been made by someone in Saskatchewan :lol:
                              I take serious offense to this. That and the sheep-f#*$#*& comment. :P
                              Obviously it's purpose is for when the 3.5mm cable you have is 1" to short.
                              Sharp LC-42D64U
                              TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

                              Comment

                              • aarsoe
                                Senior Member
                                • May 2004
                                • 795

                                #16
                                hmm - looking at the rounded edge it could be an adapter for the old iPhone. Remember that you could not plug a a normal 3.5 mm plug into the phone directly.
                                Must admit that I did purchase a 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter for that exact usage..

                                Comment

                                Related Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                                  Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                                  Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"