X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aeromos
    • Jun 2003

NAD Separates!!

Hey guys,

I thought I'd post this link here for the new NAD separates. I know there are many knowledgeable people here and a lot of Rotel fans. It looks like NAD may be trying to compete and make a run at Rotel (same price range). What are your thoughts? Anyone here have more info on these? Here is the link.

NAD Separates

Aeromos
    Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
    My Collection
    Aeromos
    Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
    My Collection
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I've always enjoyed the NAD "sound". Clean, clear, uncolored. Plus you knew you were getting the best bang for the buck available - for stereo performance at least. Thinking about it in those terms, it's not so surprising they are positioning themselves in the HT arena to compete against Rotel - another company with a similar reputation IMO.

This is one of those things that stands to benefit us, the consumer, more than anything.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I agree David. So long as they have improved their QA issues that they'd had the last few years they should do very well with these units

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

oops double post

Comment

• Bill Blank
          • Sep 2002

A tad late to the party but definitely welcome. NAD has always been known for their amplifiers so I'm sure these are quite impressive. They're famous for rating their amplifier power conservatively and having DEEP reserves for when the music/soundtrack calls for it.

I've had an NAD C340 Integrated in my second system for 3 years now, the oldest piece I have come to think of it. The fact that I haven't felt the need to upgrade it says a lot.

NAD and Rotel always go head-to-head. They're two great companies that build high-performance products for those of us with real-world budgets. Cheers to them both!

Bill

Rotel RSP-1066
          Rotel RMB-1075
          Rega Planet 2000
          Denon DVD-2900
          Mitsubishi WS-55411
          Paradigm Reference Studio 100 v3
          Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
          Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v3
          Velodyne CT-120

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"