X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Houston HT Meet

We are planning a local Houston-area HT meet for Saturday, May 3, 2003. Since a lot of folks wanted to try out the D-Box HT tactile enhancement at Audio Concepts the last time we did this, but weren't able to make it for the demos, we'll go there again this time. They have a number of new movies set up to demo with it, so it would still be new fun for those who have dome it before. They also have some other new equipment on display that folks might find interesting.

The meeting times have not been set yet – we can go to AC at 10 AM and the restaurant at noon, or do lunch at 11 AM and go to check out the store at 2 PM. I'm waiting for feedback from attendees as to whether you want the store visit before or after lunch. If we do it before, as the tentative schedules indicate, that will reduce the time we can schedule for the lunch (since the restaurant is going to close at the same time regardless of when we decide to show up.)

I haven't made the restaurant reservation either, although I think so far, everyone has enjoyed Shanghai River, and its not like we're going there every week of the year. But it is far enough in advance that we could go arrange to go somewhere else, too. In the past, participants have asked that we find a place that has a private room that will accommodate the group, will do separate checks, takes American Express and will serve premium wine by the glass. And has good food at a reasonable price.

Any thoughts?

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Well fella, I can't make it. :banghead: I'll be on the big bird going to Washington state. Have an order of General Tso's chicken, eggrolls and hot 'n sour soup for me, okay? Actually, I've done enough damage in Audio Concepts this year. I'd better give Parth (and my wallet) a rest!

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

Well how about that? I postponed it from the original date that had been pencilled in for March since you were going to be in Washigton State at that time and look what that got us -- you'll be in Washington State anyway! I hope this trip is for the closing on that great property you plan to buy.

But it's not like we never get to compare notes about our HTs. :>) And, yeah, you've done the time and spent the bucks at Audio Concepts already this year. (Even did the D-Box, as I recall, so that wouldn't be something new, either.) :>)

Have a safe trip. (Maybe you'll find a good Chinese restaurant up there this time.)

Burke

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

If you do find a Chinese resturant, I would think they would appreciate the business, as many China Towns are about out of biz due to the crisis.

I noticed you made a sticky out of this Houston post. If there's one thing I remember about Texas, it's sticky!

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Burke, we're closing here, so the trip is to re-model the place! Lot's of work to do, too. . . . carpet, hardwood flooring, paint, etc.

Sticky? Man you haven't seen sticky. . . . 8O Oh, never mind - we're a family-values forum.

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

By popular demand of those who plan to attend, the schedule for the meet on Saturday, May 3, 2002 is going to be:

11:00 AM -- Lunch -- Shanghai River

2:00 PM -- Demos -- Audio Concepts

You may RSVP here or via email to me.

Hope to see you on May 3rd!

Burke

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"