X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Houston HT Group Holiday Meet Saturday Dec 3 2005

Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 3, 2005 for the next Houston HT Group meet. We’ll gather at 11 AM at Sinh Sinh Chinese BBQ (9788 Bellaire Boulevard, about one block east of the Sam Houston Toll-way on the north side of Bellaire) for a scrumptious Dutch treat lunch. Actually, Sinh Sinh serves a lot more besides BBQ – something for just about every taste.

After a couple of hours of lively conversation about the latest DVD releases, fanciful equipment requests to Santa, etcetera, we’ll go next door to Sound World, Houston’s best “unknown” high end audio and HT store.

The emphasis here is on really excellent sound, with gear ranging from Anthem/Paradigm (virtually the full line), Denon electronics and source components through Cary tube gear, Jamo speakers and a bunch of other stuff you’ve got to see (or hear) to believe.

But video is not slighted either – we’ll audition some of the spectacular audio gear as the sound system for a knockout front projection presentation as well. Also if you’re into karaoke, you might even find the sing-along rig of your dreams somewhere in there (we’ll even listen to a couple of your numbers if you pay us enough). ;>)

Our get together falls neatly between Thanksgiving and Christmas – soon enough so that most of us won’t have already spent all of our HT dollars. Even if you have, when you see some of the stuff on display where we’re going, you’ll know what you want to save up for after New Year’s.

Although there is no headcount limit on this event, please RSVP by Thursday, December 1, 2005 via HoustonHTGroup@hotmail.com so we can give the restaurant and our host at the store an idea of how many of us to expect.

Hope to see you on the third!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hey, I'll be there in spirit anyway! :later:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

How'd the meet go?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
        Hey, I'll be there in spirit anyway!
        Originally posted by David Meek
        How'd the meet go?
        Since you were there in spirit, I'm surprised that you don't already know. :>)

In many ways it reminded me of our very first Houston HT Group meet about seven years ago. Quite a few people who said they were going to be there didn't show up, but we had a great time anyway. Those who did show up engagned in lively conversation and shared a lot of useful information. (Bill Cushman, as always, had a lot to say about video selection and setup.)

The dealer we visited reminds me of the finest stores of the past -- great products displayed and demonstrated in a non-hustle environment, friendly and knowledgeable staff who will answer any questions but for the most part lets you listen and observe "on your own" without constant sales patter from them -- a far cry from the "big box" stores or even the specialty chains that seem to be pushing plasma TV to the exclusion of anything else these days.

Not as big a display area as a couple other specialty stores in town, but still a lot to see and listen to. I'd be willing to bet that at least a couple of people who attended will go back to buy something we demo'd (or something else that caught their eye.) The rest will undoubtedly go back at least to drool. :>)

Oh, by the way, the food was quite good too. Makes that corner of town a great "double destination" (lunch and HT shopping).

Thanks for your continued interest in HT in Houston!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"