X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Houston Area HT Interest Group Meet - Saturday, August 23, 2003

The next Houston-area Home Theater Interest Group Meet will be Saturday, August 23, 2003. (Out-of-town HT enthusiasts are also welcome.) We’ll start at 10 AM and put a recently upgraded HT through its paces (new Samsung 50" DLP TV, along with a Zenith OTA HDTV tuner, as well as a universal DVDA/SACD Player in case anyone wants to listen to surround music) and give feedback to the owner. Michael S. Burg will be our host. We’ll also have the opportunity to compare notes with other HT enthusiasts on any other areas of HT interest. At about one o’clock we will repair to a nearby restaurant for a Dutch-treat lunch and continued opportunity for discussion.

Michael lives in the Katy area, and we will give specific directions to his house to registered attendees. We are still looking at restaurants in that area and are open to suggestion for a reasonably priced eatery with good food that can accommodate a group of up to 20, will write separate checks and takes major credit cards. (Fine wine by the glass would be nice, too, but is not an absolute requirement.) :>)

Please RSVP to me by e-mail in addition to responding here, since I will be sending the final details to everyone who signs up by the same method. We look forward to seeing you then!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hey Burke, I can make this one! Put me on the attendees list, please. :banana:

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• MikeZ06
      • Jul 2003

Hi, I'm new to HT all together...trying to set one up right now. Would this meeting be over my head?

Mike

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hi ya Mike, welcome to The Guide!

No, this won't be over your head at all. In fact, this'd be the perfect way to get your feet wet. You can see someone's set-up and hear from them what they did (and didn't do) to get it to that point. You can use that info to contrast or complement what you may want to build. We're all pretty laid back and friendly - no real serious ego-types. Now there are some VERY knowledgable members like Bill Cushman, who's a projection system reviewer for Perfect Vision (or Widescreen Review), so as your knowledge grows you can go to more and more experienced folks for information.

Plus, we ALL love to talk about movies or music, so if something happens to get too far "into the weeds", just look around - some of us are bound to be talking about a DVD, movie we just saw or a new album/CD.

Come on out, it'll be fun! :T

P.S. What part of town are you located in?

P.P.S. Drop buy the At The Movies forum sometime. Also, the Spaced Out forum would be a good place to ask questions about setting up a new environment.

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Wilfred
          • May 2003

I missed last meeting, I am not going to let that happen again. I am in.

Wilfred

Comment

• Scott S
            • Aug 2003

Hi Guys,
            I've been reading this site for months but just joined. I'm slowly building an HT system and this site has been a great resource for a newbie.
            I would also like to attend the August meeting.

Thanks,
            Scott

Scott Simmons
            Scott Simmons

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Scott, welcome officially to the Guide! I'm sure the Texas contingent of HTG, and the club welcome you, just as we do! and Buidling systems is what we do best. Especially with someone else's money, lol.

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Hi ya Scott! Welcome to The Guide. Where in Katy are you? I'm at Barker-Cypress and Groeschke (just South of Clay Rd). Shoot man, bring your wallet and we'll set you UP!

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Wayne A. Pflughaupt
                  • Jun 2002

Scott, nice to see another "Katy-ite" here!

David, I had no idea you were also in this area!

My Equipment List

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Hey Wayne, yeah we moved out here about 2 1/2 years ago from Spring Branch. Ah, life on the Katy prarie. . . .

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Scott S
                      • Aug 2003

Burke,
                      I would like to attend this Saturday's Houston HT gathering. Please send the details when available.

Thanks,
                      Scott Simmons

Scott Simmons
                      Scott Simmons

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                        • Sep 2001

Scott -- You have e-mail. :>)

Burke

PS -- so do the rest of you who have RSVP'd for the meet. See you guys Saturday.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"