X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    • Aug 2000

Bestbuy

Rumour has it that there is a Bestbuy coming to Nanaimo. Is it a good place to buy electronics? Nobody I know seems to have much info on this retailer as it is out of the US.

Steve
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

From what I understand the BestBuy's up here will sell lower end stuff and let the Future shop (which they own) sell the higher end gear. Of course its not saying much when we talk about Future Shop and high end but I believe it will be things like who sells the plasma TV's etc. The Best Buy we're getting is being built right beside the new Future shop so they're going to have to sell something different or else its going to be interesting so see how two stores that are owned by the same people survive selling the same equipement.

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

Best Buy is pretty cool.
      They sell lower-end electronics (the mass marketed stuff by Sony, Pioneer, Yamaha, etc.). However they do a good job with PC software, CDs, and accessories. They always have great prices on new DVD releases.

We don't have Future Shop in the US (that I know of) but I'd guess Future Shop fits into the mid-fi segment with Ultimate Electronics and The Good Guys (among others).

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Steve
        • Aug 2000

I purchased a printer at Future Shop today only because it was on sale. I rarely shop there as I find the service lacking. If you are browsing at expensive items such as tv's and computers, the salesmen won't leave you alone. If you need help anywhere else you are out of luck.

Steve

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Steve I never let a sales man be my source of information since its almost always either wrong or jaded so I use these stores as simple places I go to pick up the item I already know I need so in that sense the lack of annoying sales drones is a good thing for me :LOL:

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Like Andrew. Ditto here. They know diddly.

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Steve
              • Aug 2000

I just needed help sorting out an issue with my charge card. I already know how knowledgeable they are...lol. They seem to have a high employee turnover, not much chance to properly train them. Then again the old addage, "you get what you pay for" includes sales staff.

Steve

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

That's why Circuit City's decision to get rid of their best commissioned sales people makes no sense at all. Idiots.

Lex
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"