X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Eat your hearts out, the sequel

I needed to take a day to think about how much about Hugh and the mansion would be ok to talk about. I know you all are curious, as was I, but, I don't want to get too tabloid.
    First, many of you know how to upload digital pictures into your posts, how about a little help and I will upload the ones I took.
    Most of you have probably seen some pics of his home so I will keep the descriptions brief. It is on a very large peice of property with the tennis courts closest to the street. Then a interesting "game" building. Then a large garden, grass expanse, then driveway and large water fountain in front. We entered through a small foyer, through a large center foyer, out into a verenda that was set up with drinks and food. My wife and I spent some time wandering the back yard which is an expanse of grass about half the size of a football field. Off to the South side was a beautiful swimming pool made to look like a rock pond with a large grotto that you can enter by swimming through a waterfall or by land through a cave. The interior was lined with pads and had a large jacuizzi in the middle. At the far East end of the lawn was a man made stream and more water falls. You crossed over a bridge into another garden, cave area which houses his zoo. At the South/West end of the yard there was a large, maybe 200 foot long, greenhouse that went underground one story and had more exotic birds and fish aquriaums.
    O'k, so much for the grounds. I introduced my wife to Hef and he introduced his seven live in look-alike girlfriends. I thought it was interesting that they all sort of looked alike, except they were different ages. Across the street and down 2 mansions is where a bunch of other girls live. The mansion next door is where his wife and two boys live. A bit of a harum.
    After drinks we all went into the dining room and sat for a casual meal and some conversation. Then we went into the room where he shows movies. Seems to have been the living room at one time. My guess is the room is about 35-40 feet by about 70 feet. One end is a large screen the goes pretty much wall to wall, floor to ceiling. Then there is a row of large pillows and pads for kids and anybody else that likes to lie down. Then 3 rows of incredible diamond tuck leather couches, then several rows of chairs. The speakers were all typical JBL theater speakers, this room is soley for movies with large crowds in mind. The projector room has two 35 mm projectors and two large DLP projectors. The DLP projectors looked very industrial and I have no idea who makes them. Probably TI.
    Hugh is a real movie buff and likes older black and white movies, especially silent films. He gave a pretty funny and very accurate talk and what we would be seeing before it all began. First we watched a couple of Buster Keaton shorts, then in honor of Conrad Halls recent death, we watched Road to Perdition.
    All in all it was a fun afternoon and evening. My wife and I did spend about an hour in the game room afterwards which was a lot of fun. It is in its own building and has a pool table, all the Playboy pin ball machines, a bunch of arcade games, and two small bedrooms that are all mirrored except for the floor. The head boards have lubricants, towels, lotions, and other such things neatly lined up on them. Another adjoining room has a very soft carpet and is all lined with pillows and has a large t.v. hooked up to several games, x-box, nitendo, etc. Of course there are refrigerators with food and drink everywhere.
    So, that was Friday night. Wish you all could have been there.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Wish you all could have been there
    Us too

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Yeah Bob, I'll second that! :

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Pat
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Bob, Great report, I wish we could have gotten to experience Hef's hospitality too

As far as posting photos...you need to have some webspace to upload them to, then it is as easy as linking to the image.
        If you need a little space I could host them for you...Just e-mail them to me and I will get them posted for you when I get home from work.

Pat's Page
        Pat's Page

Comment

• Eduardo
          Moderator emeritus
          • Jun 2002

Great review Bob. Very descriptive, I can imagine walking through his house. Waiting with great anticipation for pictures.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Bob, the screening room sounded like pure heaven to me. The DLP projectors are likely those expensive single chip jobbies priced in the sixty to a hundred thousand or so area. Was the movie he showed film or dvd ?
            As for the rest of the place, it all sounded like paradise. But does Hef really need all those women ? :roll:

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

George, "need" is such an extreme word. . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                But does Hef really need all those women ?
                He may not need all of them, but the great thing about Hef having so many women of his own is that he won't "need" YOUR woman. :>) So it is reasonably safe to take your wife/SO to an event there and not worry about ol' Hef hitting on her.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

So it is reasonably safe to take your wife/SO to an event there and not worry about ol' Hef hitting on her.
                  If I took glenda to hef's place I'd be far more worried about glenda HITTING me :LOL:

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                    • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
                    If I took glenda to hef's place I'd be far more worried about glenda HITTING me
                    OTOH, how would she feel about you going there alone? (WIthout her there to "chaperone".) :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

That was a cute one. Mr. Pratt. :P

My Homepage!
                      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"