Houston Home Theater DIY January meet

Houston Home Theater DIY January Meeting

Time:
    Saturday, January 19
    2:00pm - 4:00pm

See general map below
    Directions with your RSVP

Agenda:
    1) DIY cable demo: types of wire runs required for different applications, quality vs price of cable components, cable anatomy, terminal differences, building codes, and a cable construction demo. Bring your own cheap RCA cables for a guided tutorial (yes, you will be building cables!).
    2) Room EQ Wizard demo: see how to perform live room audio testing with free software. If someone could bring a DIY subwoofer, we'll use it as an example and get to see/hear your handywork.
    3) SDX15 Subwoofer Build-Off: details and planning. This is how you build a DIY sub enclosure with guidance and win a free driver to put in it!! It doesn't get better than that!!
    4) Recent release DVD screening: come for the education, stay for socializing. We're taking suggestions on the movie title.

Wayne and Donna are kind enough to offer refreshments during the event.

Mark (mrstampe)
    832-723-2119
    or PM me

MORE INFORMATION HERE

Cables, REW and a DIY sub are the 3 most commonly requested meeting topics -- you get them all in one day with us!! All are welcome, but for security purposes we'll release specific maps and directions only to those who contact me by PM or phone.

• mrstampe
    • Dec 2007

Houston Home Theater DIY July meet

Houston Home Theater DIY July Meeting

Time:
    Sunday, July 27
    2:00pm - 4:00pm

See general map below
    Directions with your RSVP

Agenda:
    Mike will be wowwing us with his amazing DIY home theater system with mulple custom-built speakers and newly reworked amplifier. I'm sure he has demo material to show off his creations, but if you want to try out your favorite movie scene or a music track, bring it along (I'm sure Mike wouldn't mind). We'll hear about his design goals, information and supply sources, cabinet construction, testing, and his final assessment. I'm sure some great advice will come out of this session for anyone considering building speakers or designing a home theater.

Mark (mrstampe)
    832-723-2119
    or PM me

All are welcome, but for security purposes we'll release specific maps and directions only to those who contact me by PM or phone.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"