X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Houston Area HT Interest Group Meet Saturday March 2

By popular demand, another opportunity for home theater hobbyists (ranging from "just enthusiasts" to "rabid fanatics") :>) in the Houston area to get together and take an in-person, close-up look at another member’s home theater set up, compare notes about their own equipment upgrades and talk about the latest DVDs. We will be meeting at Jason Watson’s house in Katy at 10 AM on Saturday, March 2, 2002 to look at and listen to Jason’s newly upgraded system, with a complete surround sound complement of Magnepan speakers. (You know that's got to be good.) After that, we’ll repair to Sweet Mesquite for a pay-as-you-go-through-the-serving-line lunch (at noon or thereabouts) and more HT discussion …

… you are encouraged to indicate interest by responding here and keeping the thread alive, :>) but to get on the mailing list for directions, please e-mail Jason Watson at jasonkonrad@mail.com
    or Burke Strickland at burkestrickland@hotmail.com with your RSVP.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Ohhhh, to be a Texan.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Looks as if I moved from Baton Rouge too soon. Thanks for the invite anyway!

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

pay my air fair, and I am there! On second thought, not sure I am up for flying yet with mad shoe bombers potentially on the loose.

Have fun Houston contengent!

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George
          Ohhhh, to be a Texan
          Yes, it's a wonderful thing! For those not lucky enough to have been born here we are still accepting applications for citizenship - although there aren't many allowed this lofty honor. You'll note that our humility is second only to our modesty!

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
            You'll note that our humility is second only to our modesty!
            Yeah, we're proud of our humility. :>) But for a moment there, I thought you had said "humidity", rather than "humility". :>) No one can accuse us of exaggerating when we say "We sure have plenty of that". (The one with the "D") :>)

But geography and climate aside, :>) we shouldn't discount the value of being in an area where a group of congenial folks who who are interested in HT are willing to take the time to get together and discuss it. Over the past few months, I've had e-mails from people in other states (and countries) lamenting that there is no one in their immediate area to get together with to share the hobby.

Seems like the solution for those folks would be to move here. :>) Or figure out a way to make contact with others in those areas who share the hobby. But that may be easier said than done. Might be worth a thread in its own right.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Sorry, can't move there, the humidity would be to hard on my tubes. haha. Actually, it's about as bad here as Texas, less about 15 degrees actual temp, lol. Texas is dang HOT. This is what your face looks like most of the time. ops:

Lex
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"