X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

HD-DVD sale

I'm not exactly sure what our formal rules are on promotions, but this was a deal that I spotted, and I'm not sure how long it will last.

Amazon is now having a 2 for one sale on a small selection of HD-DVDs.
    Generally I haven't been buying a lot of new HD-DVDs at $20-$30 each since I just bought my HD-DVD player. Mostly I've been renting my HD-DVD movies on Netflix.
    But I just ordered The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, Dune, and Serenity in HD for $10 each, shipped. 8)

It's certainly only a deal for those with HD-DVD players who like two or more of the HD-DVDs offered in this promotion, but I thought that I'd mention it here for those who are interested. :T
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Thanks for the heads up!

Because of your lead, I was able to pick up "Serenity" and "Harry Potter TGOF" for $20! I've wanted to get Serenity since it came out. However, I had the standerd def already(which looks pretty good btw), and couldn't justify the full price of the HD version. This deal, I just could not pass on.

Thanks again! ;x(
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

Nice catch!

Got all four Harry Potter Movies in HD for $40. Got the 5th movie for $10 also (elsewhere). Can't beat that. Much better price than all five for $105.

Thanks for the tip!!! ;x(

I wish they had still had The Mummy and Mummy Returns, I would've picked those up too.

-Dan
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, too bad I already bought Serenity on HD-DVD. (actually, I think I used it as one of the two free movies you could choose with the player) Looks GREAT during the space scenes, with black space and stars in 1080p, HDMI 1.3 front projection.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Dean McManis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • May 2003

Yeah, I had already bought the Harry Potter box set at the full price, but at least I found these other HD-DVDs for a bargain. :T

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Ha ha, just checked back and Mummy & Mummy Returns were on there, plus a few others that I hadn't seen before (which didn't think warranted HD as I already had them on DVD)...

Sweet!
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"