X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The mummy returns again!

HOLLYWOOD -- According to Sean Daniels, there's little doubt there will be a second sequel to The Mummy.

"The Mummy Returns grossed $431 million US worldwide. I'd say that's a pretty good indication audiences around the world want the adventure to continue," says Daniels, who produced both blockbuster films with Kevin Misher.

Brendan Fraser, who played adventurer Rick O'Connell in both films, has said he would be willing to return for a third adventure, as has Arnold Vosloo, who plays the mummy Imhotep.

Rachel Weisz, who plays Rick's archeologist wife, has indicated she would not be interested in reprising her character.

"Rachel hasn't said anything to us one way or another because we haven't made any specific offers," says Daniels.

The producers may just have another hot franchise on their hands if The Rock's Scorpion King performs as well as it is tracking.

The buzz is that Scorpion King, which opens April 19, could break $100 million in its 10-day window before Spider-Man opens.

If that's the case, Daniels and Misher will have to start negotiating with The Rock, a.k.a. Dwayne Johnson.

"One thing we know for certain is that we won't get him for $5 million this time, but we know The Rock is very much interested in future adventures of his Scorpion King character

• George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I don't know if I can handle Mummy 3. That kid in Mummy 2 was too darn irritating.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I liked Mummy returns but then if Racheal Wies isn't in there it will loose a lot of appeal for me

Comment

• Uncle Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
        I liked Mummy returns but then if Racheal Wies isn't in three it will loose a lot of appeal for me
        On second thought I won't say anything 8O

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"